Thought I’d post my latest project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaMike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have the ability to leave anything stock, and I have 20+ years of working on and tuning LS engines, so my latest daily driver is turning into something fun :)

It started as a stock 2009 Escalade ESV that I drove while my 800 hp Audi was for the track, but I ended up selling the Audi, so tinkering started in the truck.

Phase 1 was “all I was going to do”, and is complete
AFE cold air
Corsa cat back
American Racing 1 7/8 long tubes
Sony ES 10 inch screen and Sony ES sub with mono amp
Fluids, spark plugs, and all the maintenance items
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
New magnaride shocks/struts (factory, mine were toast)

Phase 2 I blame on Black Friday, I ended up with even more stuff, which is also all installed now
Sony ES 4 channel, 3 way fronts and 2 way rears, dynamat and reseal the doors and windows (gm has terrible quality control on door seals and such, fixed all the wind noise)
True flex fuel sensor instead of the stupid virtual one
Bronze 22 inch wheels and Toyo tires
Rear 2 inch drop level kit
P3 digital gauge with a real boost sensor, wideband air fuel and alcohol percentage

Phase 3 is sitting in the living room waiting for the weather to warm up so I can do it all
Whipple supercharger
1000cc injectors
NX dual pump fuel system with aeromotive regulator and -8 lines
Flowtech induction cam setup with dual springs and pushrods
Morel lifters
Melling oil pump
TSP VVT delete kit
Summit sealed bearing rocker arms
New water pump, timing chain, and wearables
ARP head studs
I will be fabbing a true dual 3 inch system as well. I’ve built a couple before on an identical vehicle, but will probably do that after it’s running and I give it a street tune.

The truck will run on 91 and e85 at 7-8 lbs of boost so I can maintain the flex fuel ability, but I may get a wild hair up my ass to put it to 9-10 lbs and leave it on e85, then keep a couple cans of torco in the car in case I can only find 91. Hopefully it warms up a bit soon and I can knock it out :)

Attachments

• IMG_5704.jpeg
    IMG_5704.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5645.jpeg
    IMG_5645.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5652.jpeg
    IMG_5652.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5070.jpeg
    IMG_5070.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pulled them to install new lifters. Gm is known for lifter failures, and while mine has made it this far, the heavier pressure springs will probably finish them off!
Did it come with active fuel management? If so, they make specific delete kits just for eliminating the internal hardware that’s prone to failure.

TulsaMike

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did it come with active fuel management? If so, they make specific delete kits just for eliminating the internal hardware that’s prone to failure.
It did not, part of why I spent 3 months looking for this specific vehicle. I’m just replacing them, and every other wearable component out of precaution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom