Pigs Fly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No it wouldn't. It would be a G 53. Because Glock doesn't have common sense naming their guns.
I was being facetious. What are they at now G48? As long as it takes glock to introduce a new model and with them just using a numerical designator of the next number for their models it might be that long before we see one.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was being facetious. What are they at now G48? As long as it takes glock to introduce a new model and with them just using a numerical designator of the next number for their models it might be that long before we see one.
In that case it would probably be designated a G 34253 after the 5th generation of CEO's finally succumbs to the best weapons platform you can carry that was invented 300 years before they repopped it.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read a book, IIRC "America's Gun", about how the Glock came to be.
I think Glock named his models in the order of the patents he got on them, or something.
Also said the Austrian police and/or military came to him and said they wanted a gun without an external safety. Safeties were causing accidents: people thinking they were on/off when they weren't.

It's been 3 years or so since I read it, my old brain may have confused things a bit.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read a book, IIRC "America's Gun", about how the Glock came to be.
I think Glock named his models in the order of the patents he got on them, or something.
Also said the Austrian police and/or military came to him and said they wanted a gun without an external safety. Safeties were causing accidents: people thinking they were on/off when they weren't.

It's been 3 years or so since I read it, my old brain may have confused things a bit.

Glock is like Apple pie and Chevrolet..

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read on OSA that glocks and 1911’s suck...I’m so confused.

Funny...

...I heard that they "blow."

I have one that does like this...

handguns.g00net.org_Glock_G_G_compensator.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom