Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
not to mention, how many "pistols" one guy might have to register, I know at least two for me if its free. I already have one sbr and one sbs so I could care less about being on a list lol

not to mention, how many "pistols" one guy might have to register, I know at least two for me if its free. I already have one sbr and one sbs so I could care less about being on a list lol

The days of trying to stay off of a list ended when our phones started reminding us what kind of coffee we liked . I don't know if the ATF can go around the tax though. Since the NFA is a law passed by congress . I would think they would have to get approval from outside of their circle
And I cant remember a time the IRS let me slide on some tax money they could collect. Have you traveled out of state with your registered shorties ? Was wondering how difficult that becomes.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an opinion...I'm guessing anybody on here or who has bought any amount of gun stuff is already on a list, whether you bought any stamps or not.
Anybody with a smart phone or tv or watch is probably on a list. If you have been to more than a couple of gun shows they already took photos of your car tags and added you to that list.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s kinda what I’m thinking….

This is very true. The amount of information the gov has/keeps on us is beyond what most of us would believe.

So now would be the time to get a few free SBR stamps… right? This is law now, right?
ATF can not make laws. They can only assume as much.power as you give them

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ATF can not make laws.

Agreed. But they don't seem to know that, nor do they care.

They can only assume as much.power as you give them

They ATF, IRS, etc, don't give a s**t about how much power you give them. These are tough words that won't mean diddly when they show up at your place to take whatever it is they want...including you...for violating their their "law" that they're not really empowered to make.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the governor sends State Troopers out to arrest and jail ATF agents who try to enforce this, or sheriff's send their deputies, then it will mean something. But that ain't gonna happen.

Being a 2A sanctuary state sounds good, but doesn't mean a lot as far as the feds are concerned. Hell they stomp on state's rights as often as they do individual's rights.
Precisely my point.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
ATF can not make laws. They can only assume as much.power as you give them
Actually, I never saw the need for an AR type pistol. It has always been low hanging fruit for the ATF.

However, ANY regulation, registration, taxation, of any weapon OR ACCESSORY, is another bite of the registration, confiscation apple.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The days of trying to stay off of a list ended when our phones started reminding us what kind of coffee we liked . I don't know if the ATF can go around the tax though. Since the NFA is a law passed by congress . I would think they would have to get approval from outside of their circle
And I cant remember a time the IRS let me slide on some tax money they could collect. Have you traveled out of state with your registered shorties ? Was wondering how difficult that becomes.
If you looked at the post I made before that one and the picture of the quick facts sheet quoted from the ATF’s website it shows registration without the tax.

As far as traveling, I really only ever travel to my parents in Alabama, we drive not fly. So I fill out a form and list the dates as long as possible, 1 year, and go with it. It’s not hard in my case just a minor step.

Latest posts

Top Bottom