Pistol mounted light.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?102161-Weapon-mounted-Lights

This is a thread from some time back that is really worth looking through. I'm going to quote my section of it here and repost my pictures as the old links are now dead.

Re: Weapon mounted Lights
In the land of the pistol-mounted weapon light Surefire is king.

They are extremely robust and well engineered. The glass lens is easy enough to clean unlike the plastic lens of some other lights that will actually discolor and go opaque after shooting a lot with it mounted. If you cannot shoot regularly with and item mounted on your gun for fear of damaging it then it shouldn't be on the gun. The light on the right has been mounted on a G19 for around 1500 rounds. I have had no issues with it and the only thing I bother to clean is the lens.

Michael Brown is entirely correct about the DG switch. The only drawback to them is their flimsiness. Something I've started doing is putting heat shrink tubing on the length of the switch to protect it from abrasion. In the first picture you can actually see how the rubber has worn away on one corner of the switch. The heatshrink tubing will help to prevent this. The great thing about these lights is that when equipped with the DG switch they are completely seamless: they just work. I used to do a lot of night time travel on the interstate and regularly CC'd an x300 on the gun.

Ek

DSCF3045.jpg

DSCF3039.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom