Maybe it's time and this is a sign...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, I've literally tried em all. Springers, Sigs, M&Ps, HKs, Colt, Ruger, yaddida, yaddida, yaddida. :blahblah:

But seems like I always go back to Glocks and J frames. :rolleyes2

Well there's nothing wrong with glocks or j frames or both. Just stick with them lol....

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a 19x in the winter time..... when it's hoodie weather...... it carries just fine. But I don't carry a light on my weapon for edc use. By bedside weapon however has a light on it..... a base model streamlight..... I think it was like $150 bucks......

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please, please, if you buy any weapon light, please check it out in the store for functionality. I have bought three and the worst one is the Streamlight Tlr-6. Every time you press the button on the side you never know what you will get, the laser, the light, both together or nothing at all. It does not matter how long the light "sits" unused. My wife still likes it on her EZ, but I cannot stand any equipment I cannot trust 100%.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Ok, been around a while and I mean this in a good way. I’ve done the same thing but I’m not a cop. You need to find contentment with 1 handgun for duty carry. Obviously a Glock is the choice for you. 9mm is a good choice with the capacity, weight, and effectiveness of today’s ammunition. You don’t need a WML and you’re not tacticool. Use a good handheld light and I’m assuming you’ve already been trained how to use it. Less weight in the holster and you’re not gonna shoot some kid when you meant to shine a light on them.
I’ve known you a bit and consider you a friend. If we took the money you and I have wasted on buying, selling, and trading guns on this forum we could buy the place. You’re welcome. This concludes my motivational speech for today. Let me know next time you’re into the city and we can meet up for an in person therapy session.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, been around a while and I mean this in a good way. I’ve done the same thing but I’m not a cop. You need to find contentment with 1 handgun for duty carry. Obviously a Glock is the choice for you. 9mm is a good choice with the capacity, weight, and effectiveness of today’s ammunition. You don’t need a WML and you’re not tacticool. Use a good handheld light and I’m assuming you’ve already been trained how to use it. Less weight in the holster and you’re not gonna shoot some kid when you meant to shine a light on them.
I’ve known you a bit and consider you a friend. If we took the money you and I have wasted on buying, selling, and trading guns on this forum we could buy the place. You’re welcome. This concludes my motivational speech for today. Let me know next time you’re into the city and we can meet up for an in person therapy session.
In person therapy session…..

so, you want to trade with him.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is true. Yes, I am a LEO, but not your typical street cop. I work night shift at a two year college, where we house approximately 200 students in two separate dormitories. We are CLEET certified police officers, but our roles are more like security.

Having said that, we do stand the risk of
active shooter situations and many various crimes against persons and property just like every other major police department out there. We are governed by the state of Oklahoma and have the exact same duties and power of arrest as any other cop.

Yes, I still use the old Harries technique that I was taught many, many years ago. I haven't been trained in weapon light usage, hence the 19X is restricted to HD duty.

As for my on duty carry gear, I carry a Glock 43X in a Safariland ALS holster and a spare magazine and handcuffs in a matching Safariland pouch. I also carry a Spyderco Tenacious clipped inside my right front pocket and a Surefire G2X Tactical clipped inside my left. That's it.

I had a kid (young, rookie officer) look me over one time, and he said, "what, no baton? Or taser? Or even a canister of OC?" I said no. He answered back with, "so you either go hands or kill 'em, right"

I probably do need some WML training, and if a course on it were to be available for me to attend, I'd love to.

As for the therapy session...I really don't think you want inside my head mi amigo. :screwy:

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
This is true. Yes, I am a LEO, but not your typical street cop. I work night shift at a two year college, where we house approximately 200 students in two separate dormitories. We are CLEET certified police officers, but our roles are more like security.

Having said that, we do stand the risk of
active shooter situations and many various crimes against persons and property just like every other major police department out there. We are governed by the state of Oklahoma and have the exact same duties and power of arrest as any other cop.

Yes, I still use the old Harries technique that I was taught many, many years ago. I haven't been trained in weapon light usage, hence the 19X is restricted to HD duty.

As for my on duty carry gear, I carry a Glock 43X in a Safariland ALS holster and a spare magazine and handcuffs in a matching Safariland pouch. I also carry a Spyderco Tenacious clipped inside my right front pocket and a Surefire G2X Tactical clipped inside my left. That's it.

I had a kid (young, rookie officer) look me over one time, and he said, "what, no baton? Or taser? Or even a canister of OC?" I said no. He answered back with, "so you either go hands or kill 'em, right"

I probably do need some WML training, and if a course on it were to be available for me to attend, I'd love to.

As for the therapy session...I really don't think you want inside my head mi amigo. :screwy:
what's beyond me is why in the world you would clip on a badge.... and rock a half pint weapon with only one spare mag....... you talking about the risk of mass shooters and major crimes, but rocking a weapon with limited capacity and the sight radius of a paper clip......

do you have really small hands?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what's beyond me is why in the world you would clip on a badge.... and rock a half pint weapon with only one spare mag....... you talking about the risk of mass shooters and major crimes, but rocking a weapon with limited capacity and the sight radius of a paper clip......

do you have really small hands?

No, I'm 6'3" and weigh in over 300. At my age, ounces become pounds. By being a minimalist, and a cop for 34+ years, I just choose not to weigh myself down with a bunch of gear I can do without.

I work on a small college campus, in a small country town on the 11pm-7am shift. If you'll check your stats, almost all mass shootings happen during the daytime hours with a large amount of people present. Why? Because an active shooter has one goal in mind...body count. The more people he can shoot, the better.

However, as an assailant, he enjoys the thrill of the hunt and chase as well. That's why they travel from room to room, office to office, classroom to classroom, to find more potential victims. Pot shooting students while they sleep doesn't interest them.

If I worked during daytime hours, I would carry more weaponry and a larger sidearm, with a higher ammo capacity than what I do. But on my shift, the parking lots, offices and classrooms are all empty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom