pistol problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point shooting out to 15 yards is to simulate a suprise attack and not having time to get any sight picture, just pull and go to work. If the draw is the problem wouldn't that have something to do with the way the pistol fits in my hand? Could it be the way my holster positions the pistol at my hip? Could my problem be as simple as getting a different holster? I put a limbsaver T shaped thing on the backstrap and it seems to make the gun sit more comfortably in my hand. I'm going to give that a shot and see if it helps.

You kinda make my point here... point shooting or not... if the pistol doesnt marry the hand correctly ... you just dont point right.

Point shooting or aimed fire... either way.... find someone to teach you the correct 4 count draw stroke. Once that basic skill is learned you can point shoot or return aimed fire. "Pull and go to work" is a lot easier if you have the basic grip and draw burned into muscle memory and perfected... it will happen the same way everytime if it's learned correctly and practiced consistantly

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using a bianchi accumold for the G23. Explain the 4 count draw stroke, I may know it under a different call. My instructor hasn't had a problem with my draw after countless classes and even said I was doing well on point shooting but something is not right and I think I can do better. If anyone cares to take a few minutes draw your pistol and see where it points with your right eye closed. It could just be a case of one eye screwing me up

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm using a bianchi accumold for the G23. Explain the 4 count draw stroke, I may know it under a different call. My instructor hasn't had a problem with my draw after countless classes and even said I was doing well on point shooting but something is not right and I think I can do better. If anyone cares to take a few minutes draw your pistol and see where it points with your right eye closed. It could just be a case of one eye screwing me up

The best advise I ever heard was from an old Legion baseball coach I played for... after a few games in a row without a hit he told me that an '"empty head" was the key to sucess at the plate.... sounds like you may be just plain over-thinking the problem

Instinctive or point shooting is probably an over used concept anyway.... most of the training I've ever taken stresses burning that front sight into hard focus and pasting that image on the target... shooting fast or not.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured out the problem, it don't fit my hand. I put this limbsaver stickon thing on the back of my grip and offset it to the right a bit and now its perfect every time I draw. It sits perfect and the sights line up perfectly. Now to figure out how make the dang thing stay stuck

Stuck permanently? You could try epoxy

Latest posts

Top Bottom