pistol problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After doing some of the stuff recommended I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that the glock just doesn't fit my hand. My PF9 doesn't sit the same way.

Yeah, unfortunately the Glock was designed to fit one and all. Austrian soldiers, that is. And since we don't all have the same paws, it doesn't work thataway. :disappoin

However...

In an Austrian army environment, that the G17 was originally designed for, it works very well.

You really should reconsider getting rid of the Glock just yet however. In time, it will start to fit your hand better...or you will eventually adapt to it and at that time, it will screw up all chances of any other gun ever fitting your hand correctly. :rolleyes2

After totin' a G22 on a daily basis for damn near 20 years now, no other bottom feeder out there fits my meathooks just right. Or so it seems. Like I said in my very first post in this thread. You don't fit the pistol to your hand. You fit your hand to the pistol. :punch:

What about your lawn mower or weed-eater? They don't feel quite "right" in the hand either do they? But yet, we learn to adapt, improvise and provide. It's the very same way with the Glock. If you can overcome it's heinous girth, fit and feel, it's dead-nuts reliability with any and all ammo you can feed it along with it's proven combat accuracy is a recipe for a damn fine fightin' weapon. :thumb:

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your totally right, its been an awesome pistol for the 2,000 rounds I have put through it, no problems whatsoever. My only problem is the way it feels when I point shoot one handed, I can shoot weak handed just as well as strong hand and its acceptable in its accuracy but it just doesn't feel right one handed.vi guess I should put 500 or so through it one handed and see if it works itself out. I had a suggestion to put a hand all on it and turn it slightly to one side and see if that straightened things out. That would be a cheap fix if it worked

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your totally right, its been an awesome pistol for the 2,000 rounds I have put through it, no problems whatsoever. My only problem is the way it feels when I point shoot one handed, I can shoot weak handed just as well as strong hand and its acceptable in its accuracy but it just doesn't feel right one handed.vi guess I should put 500 or so through it one handed and see if it works itself out. I had a suggestion to put a hand all on it and turn it slightly to one side and see if that straightened things out. That would be a cheap fix if it worked

Sometimes a rubber sleeve makes a world of difference.

Is your pistol a 2nd or 3rd generation?

If it's a 3rd gen, I'd grind those damned fingergrooves off of it and that too makes it feel COMPLETELY different.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dave Sevigny isnt an Austrian.

Name dropper.

It's a 3rd gen but its kinda sentimental so I don't want to alter it by trimming on it. I would rather buy a new one and do that. How much different are the grips on other pistols? I mean real differences

Not that different. The 2nd gen. still feels like a brick. :D

Point shooting at 10-15 yards? Gaston put sights on it for a reason. :twocents:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"the grip you get is the one you have to go with".

IF you draw from a poor initial grip... it wont get better as the gun travels on through the draw stroke.

Practice your draw... learn to grind the web of the hand into the gun and get the thumbs heading in the right direction automatically.

If you shoot well enough from "ready" and you miss shooting from the draw... the draw is the problem.

Republicanhack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The point shooting out to 15 yards is to simulate a suprise attack and not having time to get any sight picture, just pull and go to work. If the draw is the problem wouldn't that have something to do with the way the pistol fits in my hand? Could it be the way my holster positions the pistol at my hip? Could my problem be as simple as getting a different holster? I put a limbsaver T shaped thing on the backstrap and it seems to make the gun sit more comfortably in my hand. I'm going to give that a shot and see if it helps.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point shooting out to 15 yards is to simulate a suprise attack and not having time to get any sight picture, just pull and go to work. If the draw is the problem wouldn't that have something to do with the way the pistol fits in my hand? Could it be the way my holster positions the pistol at my hip? Could my problem be as simple as getting a different holster? I put a limbsaver T shaped thing on the backstrap and it seems to make the gun sit more comfortably in my hand. I'm going to give that a shot and see if it helps.

What holster are you using?

Latest posts

Top Bottom