Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The funny part, it may be legal in CO but you can still lose your job for drug use. More companies are drug testing because of liability and because of having federal contracts. So we are back to more people on government support because of drug use.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The funny part, it may be legal in CO but you can still lose your job for drug use. More companies are drug testing because of liability and because of having federal contracts. So we are back to more people on government support because of drug use.

Funny thing is - FAA tests for alcohol, same as weed, meth, etc....I haven't seen the numbers on folks turned to parasites after losing federal employability, what are the stats, Rick?
If indeed that's a significant number(even if it's not) - the solution should be cut off the welfare spigot, not allow the State to regulate what folks ingest. If they want to make Jell-O out of their brain, and live on the streets, so be it.

Saw the OHP and Oklahoma's drug czar on TV this morning commenting on how many Okies are making the trip to CO and bringing greenery with them.
Maybe instead of complaining about it, they should be rejoicing- job security, you know.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I believe that some states, when passing medicinal legalization laws, have also enacted job protection if tested and found positive. Doesn't apply to federal positions, obviously.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that some states, when passing medicinal legalization laws, have also enacted job protection if tested and found positive. Doesn't apply to federal positions, obviously.

Correct. It would be the same as having any Rx drug found in your system, IF you have a Rx for it. Usually first responder jobs can still make it a disqualifier.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In FAA's eyes, any substance that impairs is a big no-no. (as it should be) Doesn't matter if you have Rx or not, don't show up high, hungover, or anything else.
Who do you want working on YOUR airplane?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I support full decriminalization of the possession and sale of all drugs... I'm a "legalize it and DON'T tax and regulate it" kind of guy... but by the same token I believe a person has the right to put whatever conditions he wants on his consent to buy the labor of another person, including testing and firing for any substance he wants, whether it is legal or not and whether it makes any sense or not. For there to be a free society, people must be free to do stupid and outrageous things in their voluntary interactions with others, as long as they don't violate the rights of anyone else... and certainly no one has any right to force another person to buy his labor. As long as we're going to have people employed by the State performing useful functions (that should ideally be performed by the market) like the FAA, the State should have the power to put rational and necessary restrictions on substance use as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom