Popup blinds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a couple blinds to toss out when the kid goes hunting (so she can stay a little warmer with the buddy heater). How early do you set them out so they get use to them?

Ive only sat in a stand so its new territory for us.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put mine out no later than a month before season. This is very likely overkill but it gives time for the deer to get used to it. My first one went out last weekend and the others in the next few weeks.

The latest I would do it is two weeks before season so it isn't a surprise to the animals.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see a lot of pictures of people‘s set ups on other message boards, and evidently a lot of them don’t even try to make their blind inconspicuous.
I put this ground blind out the day before I killed my biggest buck ever in 2020, but I put a lot of effort into making it as invisible as possible.
IMG_0081.jpeg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Mine sit out in the wide open with nothing around it usually. Usually put them out about a month before. I've got cams at every blind, they don't pay any attention to them imo. I did start painting a horizontal black line across so that it looks like the window is pulled down even when it's not that way it looks the same whether I'm in it or not.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many times I have put up pop up blinds a week before youth weekend and had every kid harvest their first deer within 4 sits.

They are big pop up blinds so that the youth/guardian/volunteer and sometimes a photographer or sibling can sit inside. I do try to not put the blinds in the travelway of the deer. I do try to put them where they have kind of backdrop behind them such as a big cedar tree, woods, hill etc so they aren't silhouted. If possible where they will be in the shade of the evening sun because of the heat of early season.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gave up on them. Zero trees in my area. Had turkeys walk within feet of them while inside, but mine were typically found a half mile or so away in a creek bottom after deer season, blown there by the high winds with the stakes and guy ropes still at the original location. Wind would tear them up, and they weren’t the cheap ones either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom