Poser? Not a Poser?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poser? Not a Poser?

• Poser

Votes: 76 95.0%
  • Not a Poser

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Too Hard on the guy

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, we are dinner tonight and I hear our waiter talking at another table. I hear “M4”, “Barrett” and “Desert Eagle”.

So next time he comes over to the table, I figure I’ll make some small talk and say “So, are you a shooter?”

Got this story about him shooting his 7mm Win Mag zeroed at 750 yards, he qualified first in his squad with the M4 and 4th with the 203 and went thru sniper training at Fort Benning.

During the conversation, I asked him what caliber DE he had and he stammered. Didn’t know. Just said that he really liked it and it was the same one he had carried in the Infantry in Iraq. Also, he was a .50 gunner on a HumV.

He had the terms down. But….

…Cold bore shooting a .50 cent piece at 750 yards
…not knowing what caliber Desert Eagle he owned
…claiming to have carried one like it in the Infantry (didn’t think it was an issue
weapon not to mention a damn heavy and finicky one.)
…and having gone thru Sniper School at Benning but not being utilized as one all
kinda made me wonder.

I just sat there and nodded and smiled.

Now, I’m wondering.

Poser?

Not a Poser?

or am I just being to hard on the guy?

Dave

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely, not a poser. Just after I completed special SAS, CIA and HSO (high speed operator) school, I met this guy. We were detailed to a special time travel unit where we received retro training with Garrisons Guerillas and the Knights of the Round Table. He was an extremely capable agent and received the James Bond Thunderball Award for his incredible ninja skills.

Frankly, you should be thankful he allowed you to live to type your post.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, the guy is full -o- ****. Too many inconsistencies in the story. Either that, or I missed the GS contract announcement between DOD and IMI... Dude, you should of asked him to show you his hogs tooth.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably FOS. You know how many "snipers" and "special forces" guys I've met in my life? You know how many actually were? I grew up in an Army town (23 years), and never knew a single one until I moved away from it.

Kind of like when I moved to Oklahoma I learned one thing: every male in this state has ridden bulls and had a scholarship to play football for OU, but lost it because they "hurt their knee". Make believe lives are much more glamorous than reality. You never know, though; the guy may be telling the truth. Who knows?

copertop80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was probably too classified to give you the actual details being that he is most likely a covert ninja operator, don't they have that school @ area 51 now??

Latest posts

Top Bottom