Post here to indicate your disgust with Inhofe's statement...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelnc4444

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He did say there was merit, but it seemed to me, like he was saying, "that is the only thing the President said that had any real validity." Not that he planned to support that fact. Understand, I do not even agree with that sentiment, but it is a very common, and well believed argument. I plan to write him either way. No reason not to keep the pressure on, just in case.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That was kind of a rambling mess, but he at least made the point that those wanting to change the gun laws assume that the criminals will abide by the new law.

That's just nuts!

If I can only use a 10 round mag to defend my home and family, is the A-hole that is trying to harm us going to take a time out for me to change mags, so that he doesn't have an unfair advantage over me with his 30 round mags!!!

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just watched that video and there wasn't a darn thing wrong with what he said. Some of you are just over-reacting. He said there might be some merit then immediately went into the on-the-other-hand ............... So, I didn't hear him make a definitive statement about his position on the size of a magazine making a difference in prevention. I know Jim and know him well and I am not concerned with him on this issue.

On a couple of occasions he also said that he hadn't seen or read and no one else has read the EOs yet so he didn't know exactly what was in them. Also in the Obama proposed legislation he said you have to take a wait and see as they haven't been written yet. So, I don't see any of this as a problem at the moment.

Why don't we wait and see what the EOs say and what we see in the legislation and then see what his and others position on them are before we jump to conclusions.
You may be right. Given his past record, I would be shocked if he meant it....but no harm keeping the pressure on....this battle is not over...it's barely begun....2014 needs to be a lesson to anyone who votes for further restrictions, and I hope the good folks in NY send their little fascists goose-stepping back home....

:)

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He really has never done much of anything. I think when the votes are tallied, Inhoff and Colburn will vote with the anti's.

Inhoffs on his way out in a few years and Colburn has said he wont seek another term as Senator. They dont have much to lose.

freewookie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was kind of a rambling mess, but he at least made the point that those wanting to change the gun laws assume that the criminals will abide by the new law.

That's just nuts!

If I can only use a 10 round mag to defend my home and family, is the A-hole that is trying to harm us going to take a time out for me to change mags, so that he doesn't have an unfair advantage over me with his 30 round mags!!!

It's about like watching a Gary England forecast!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imhofe was speaking off the cuff, because he didn't really have any specifics at that time, and he admitted it. As for the magazine statement, all he said was that limitations to ten round mags may have some merit, not that he would support it. I wish that he had not said it quite like he did, too, but judging from his record, I am encouraged by what he said and still think that he is a strong 2A supporter.

And I still don't think that a new AWB will get past either the House or the Senate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom