Post here to indicate your disgust with Inhofe's statement...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imhofe was speaking off the cuff, because he didn't really have any specifics at that time, and he admitted it. As for the magazine statement, all he said was that limitations to ten round mags may have some merit, not that he would support it. I wish that he had not said it quite like he did, too, but judging from his record, I am encouraged by what he said and still think that he is a strong 2A supporter.

And I still don't think that a new AWB will get past either the House or the Senate.

I agree with you. There is another thread on this board about why we have to be nice to people who are out to get our guns. There ought to be a thread about why we should at least give our friends in legislative bodies some room on issues like this. When a Senator or Congressman or member of a state legislature makes some innocent statement give the guy some slack and try to appreciate the context of how it was said. Not everything any human being says when dealing with the press or answering questions off the cuff will be perfectly worded. Senator Inhofe used the phrase "might have some merit" then gave the other side. Then he gets criticized by people who didn't even read or understand what he actually said.

Try to put yourself in their place on occasion. It is often that they are criticized by the very own people they are trying to help and where they are both on the same side.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not hanging Inhofe over a TV interview....some folks need to be a little thicker skinned and not so prone to be 'disgusted' by a sound bite.

This is a big fight and a long war. If we are going to start stringing up our allies over every little hiccup...it's going to be very lonely on the rooftop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom