Potatoes Are In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More than 50% of this country is on some sort of "public assistance". Do you really need to ask that question???

**sigh** No ... I guess not ... it's just ... well ... I was taught not to look a gift horse in the mouth ... :disappoin:

Not to hijack the thread but I read a story recently about how charities like Goodwill are now refusing donations that aren't new enough. No electronics more than 2 years old, no furniture with even slight wear ... The gist of the article was that the stuff you donated needed to be new enough you'd think twice about getting rid of it ... :saywhat:As a single mom who did ALL her "shopping" at thrift stores back in the day, it never occurred to me to expect brand spanking new items for 99 cents ... And I certainly did not refuse an offer of free produce from anyone who had a garden ...

Guess I was doing it all wrong ... :scratch:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**sigh** No ... I guess not ... it's just ... well ... I was taught not to look a gift horse in the mouth ... :disappoin:

Not to hijack the thread but I read a story recently about how charities like Goodwill are now refusing donations that aren't new enough. No electronics more than 2 years old, no furniture with even slight wear ... The gist of the article was that the stuff you donated needed to be new enough you'd think twice about getting rid of it ... :saywhat:As a single mom who did ALL her "shopping" at thrift stores back in the day, it never occurred to me to expect brand spanking new items for 99 cents ... And I certainly did not refuse an offer of free produce from anyone who had a garden ...

Guess I was doing it all wrong ... :scratch:

No, BB, you did it right, and I know low income folks who do it right even today. My wife had heard that about Goodwill a while back, and we started donating to a local women's shelter instead. They seem very appreciative of whatever is given to them.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTF is wrong with people?!?

that's what I'm thinking, I would gladly help kill clean and cook any food anyone is willing to share with me! My hub and I reallllly want to go hog hunting but we don't know anyone that will take us (we don't know where to go) But good grief if someone called me up and said hey girl I got this extra hog all it needs is cleaned and cut up. I would be so grateful, ask what I need to get the job done, get my stuff together and get out the door LOL

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am about to get mine in the ground this week. The wife was cleaning in our extra room yesterday and noticed something from a long forgotten crate.

potato vine.jpg

She opened it up to find what we had missed from last years crop had done this

potato explosion.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom