Predator Calling Seminar at Bass Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we had another big turnout.I got to meet up with some guys from the board and visit with a couple of them. We will have to do it again soon.Thanks for everyone that came out and I hope you all learned something.

Scott

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there, sitting in the very back. Grant and Caseman were both also there. I learned a whole lot from it. I was really surprised by all the incorrect information that people have told me in the past about hunting and calling.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there, sitting in the very back. Grant and Caseman were both also there. I learned a whole lot from it. I was really surprised by all the incorrect information that people have told me in the past about hunting and calling.

Wish I could have met all of you. There is lots of bad info out there about predator calling, you just have to be able to sort it out at times.

Scott

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Sometimes what you hear is not incorrect, just someone else's way of doing it that works for them. I asked Scott's partner about calling longer for coyotes in real good places and he said never. I can tell you from many years of experience and many successful hunts that it does work for me but I don't kill near as many as he does but here is why. Many of my hunts are on a spur of the moment basis and I have some good spots within 15 minutes of my house. I can finish up my work at 5:30 and think, I've got about 45-60 minutes to call before dark. I have found that if it is a place that I have hunted over the years and have great confidence that the coyotes are there, I will stay sitting down for the whole time with the electronic playing and many times have killed coyotes after the 30 minute mark and sometimes had multiples come in after a long calling session like that. I think it is especially effective on coyotes that have been called to alot and are a little shy about coming in. They finally have to come look. So just because a guy says this is the way, it doesn't mean it is the only way, just the way that he has learned that works well for him. I am sure that for calling large numbers of coyotes and calling all day long, that system (only calling a spot for 13 minutes), would produce many more coyotes than long sets but for what I can do, long sets work for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom