Preferred Gender Pronouns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who haven’t heard, there’s now a movement to get people to announce their PGP - that is, what pronouns they prefer you use when addressing them. He/him, she/her, they/them, etc. The idea is to promote equality and inclusion, and some social workers, medical professionals, and the media have started adopting this practice when dealing with the public.

So far, I’ve only seen this in the signature blocks of a few folks with whom I have professional email correspondence. I haven’t yet met anyone personally who announces a PGP. What about you folks - have you, and what do you think of this concept?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who haven’t heard, there’s now a movement to get people to announce their PGP - that is, what pronouns they prefer you use when addressing them. He/him, she/her, they/them, etc. The idea is to promote equality and inclusion, and some social workers, medical professionals, and the media have started adopting this practice when dealing with the public.

So far, I’ve only seen this in the signature blocks of a few folks with whom I have professional email correspondence. I haven’t yet met anyone personally who announces a PGP. What about you folks - have you, and what do you think of this concept?

I think it's...unneccessary. Most of us can tell the difference in man and a woman. Usually, anyway.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's been going on for a while, though i'm sure it's more noticeable to many in the zoom age. I've seen name tags from professional conferences with it for a few years now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom