Premier of Revolution on NBC Tonight @ 9pm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, crossbow makes the guy do a back flip? eh? that was lame. I guess hollywood has yet to figure out that people are not as stupid as they were 50 year ago.... oh, crap, they are more stupider.

It wasn't bad as fars as entertainments goes. I can see an airliner going into a flat spin at total dead stick. hydraulics are electric powered.

What I don't get, and maybe it will be explained later, is how in 15 years, no one thought to put two oranges in couple of glasses of water. Bagdad batteries, etc. tractors and motorcycles with magnetos are not effected by EMPs, and you could get a manual transmission car to start without a battery, provided it was pre-electronic ignition. Lots of holes. But as for entertainment, its better that watching twerps sing.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bonus points for flash back!

i479.photobucket.com_albums_rr155_OldFart_57_SoyentGreen.jpg

How long before a remake of that movie?

I sat through that entire damn movies waiting to hear the famous line, and it was the last line in the whole damn movie. so disappointing. And that is coming from a guy who actually likes 70s disaster movies. Earthquake! was awesomely bad. B movies like ants, THEM!, and all those giant bug moves, man I loved those when I was a kid. Scared the crap out me, but I loved it.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, crossbow makes the guy do a back flip? eh? that was lame. I guess hollywood has yet to figure out that people are not as stupid as they were 50 year ago.... oh, crap, they are more stupider.

It wasn't bad as fars as entertainments goes. I can see an airliner going into a flat spin at total dead stick. hydraulics are electric powered.

What I don't get, and maybe it will be explained later, is how in 15 years, no one thought to put two oranges in couple of glasses of water. Bagdad batteries, etc. tractors and motorcycles with magnetos are not effected by EMPs, and you could get a manual transmission car to start without a battery, provided it was pre-electronic ignition. Lots of holes. But as for entertainment, its better that watching twerps sing.
was it an EMP ? I didn't watch it, but the preview allude to a remote control that will magically turn all the power back on. I imagine it'll have something to do with aliens.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't seen that, so I can't say. Whatever it is, it would have to be continually on to prevent batteries from working. But, we know there are power sources that still work, so I don't know.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one thing that bothered me the most was the Google guy wearing the AC/DC shirt that looked like he had bought it at Wal-Mart the day before. Seems to me that shirt that is at least 15 years old might have a wee bit of wear and fading. That is just one example of why this show sucks, of many. Exactly what I expected with a show coming from NBC though.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought the same about all of the clothes. Awefully clean for people who live in the woods. Fresh, new blue top, eh Han solo girl? I somehow doubt you would be rocking a bare midrift while hunting.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With literally thousands of electrical engineers out there, someone would figure how to make power with bicycles. Burn wood to power turbines to generate electricity. Did everyone in the show forget basic physics too?

A change in current produces a magnetic field, and change in magnetic field produces a change in current. yada yada.

Latest posts

Top Bottom