Prepping is a Waste of Time and Money: Prove Me Wrong

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes some of my preps have come in real handy to help keep our grocery bill down. Still wish I could plant a bigger garden.
Tractor supply 27 gallon heavy duty totes . Wicking tubs. Garden soil will wick a little better than the potting mix that is mostly bark.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prepping is a HOBBY! The problem with prepping is, what do you prep for? Food and just aboput everything el;se ages out, we just try and keep a good supply of dried beans, rice, and canned goods, and use out of that to keep it fresh. and plenty of AMMO!

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prepping is a HOBBY! The problem with prepping is, what do you prep for? Food and just aboput everything el;se ages out, we just try and keep a good supply of dried beans, rice, and canned goods, and use out of that to keep it fresh. and plenty of AMMO!
Prepping is not so much consumerism, it is mindset. Software not hardware. You can have a ton of MREs but don't mean squat of you don't get along with your neighbors and have useful skills.

5pt56

Marksman
Reaction score
This has always been the point I try and ask myself or others. "What do you prepare for"?

I used to watch that show on TV called doomsday preppers for pure entertainment. It's mind boggling that someone can think that the Yellowstone volcano is going to erupt and cause a national black out and then goes alllllllllll the way down the rabbit hole of just that scenario and fear that it's going to happen. Come on.

Looking at large natural disasters we should have learned a thing or 2 depending on what type and part of the country you live in. In OK I don't think we need to worry too much about a tsunami. But we should consider power outages, water source contamination, and other more realistic situations.
Most things within moderation. Some food stores, water, water containment, water purification, guns/ammo, etc....

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one can be prepared for everything , people need to be reasonably prepared for those things which will most likely and realistically impact your life. Have ample food and water on hand to get you through emergency events which occur every year due to weather . Keep a gun and ammo on hand for emergencies and no I am not just talking about intruders in your home. I have a small dog I love and yes I will dispatch a coyote or a bobcat to prevent my dog from being a potential meal , skunks carry rabies and armadillos dig leg breaking holes for humans and livestock .

A word on keeping extra food , DON't buy anything you won't actually eat, if you're not rotating it and actually eating what you have you're doing it wrong.

Keep some cash on hand for emergenices its a good idea, but If you have a pile of gold and silver coins on hand thinking the apocalyspe is coming and you'll be the warrior king of south central Oklahoma you're doing it wrong again.

A final word about guns, I have a few but I am not looking to arm all my neighbors with AR15 rifles and that idea is plain dumb.

of course YMMV and do what makes you feel good even if its stupid.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one can be prepared for everything , people need to be reasonably prepared for those things which will most likely and realistically impact your life. Have ample food and water on hand to get you through emergency events which occur every year due to weather . Keep a gun and ammo on hand for emergencies and no I am not just talking about intruders in your home. I have a small dog I love and yes I will dispatch a coyote or a bobcat to prevent my dog from being a potential meal , skunks carry rabies and armadillos dig leg breaking holes for humans and livestock .

A word on keeping extra food , DON't buy anything you won't actually eat, if you're not rotating it and actually eating what you have you're doing it wrong.

Keep some cash on hand for emergenices its a good idea, but If you have a pile of gold and silver coins on hand thinking the apocalyspe is coming and you'll be the warrior king of south central Oklahoma you're doing it wrong again.

A final word about guns, I have a few but I am not looking to arm all my neighbors with AR15 rifles and that idea is plain dumb.

of course YMMV and do what makes you feel good even if its stupid.
I mainly owned an AR and plates for larping purposes, then one day my city was set on fire by roving bands of communist who would go on to set up roadblocks manned by people with AK47s

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mainly owned an AR and plates for larping purposes, then one day my city was set on fire by roving bands of communist who would go on to set up roadblocks manned by people with AK47s

Not arguing against having either on hand , again every situation is different and you need to know what you realistically should keep around. My biggest worries though aren't some wanna be marxists trying to set up an autonomous zone like they did in Seattle or Portland with the city government passively supporting the efforts.

Of course in Seattle these days they are working like hell to make sure you can't have those plates or the AR .

Latest posts

Top Bottom