Prepping new Ruger SR762

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as the bore and chamber are clean and clear and it is lubed everywhere metal rubs on metal, you should be good to go. Let us know what you think of the rifle once you get to shoot it.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you fire the 762 yet? Ive been looking to buy one and want to know how they stack up to other models.. Thanks
Yes I have fired about 40 rounds through it. The very first round did not feed correctly. It was more than likely me, or the round, the case had some skinned up places on it. It was a beach to clear, the bolt locked about halfway and I heard the hammer drop, but the round did not fire and there wasn't a mark on the primer. I had to pull the gas tube cap off and push the piston down to make the bolt cycle and eject the round.
After that I shot two magazines through it with no problems. The first was some ammo that's pretty old. All the rest was White Box.
The range was a little crowded and I didn't bring any optics, so I never really got it sighted in, it shoots low left. The group wasn't bad considering I was trying to move it around to see the "splash" on the splash target.

pktrkt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine shot low and left also. After adjusting the sights mine put 8 out of 10 into a quarter sized hole at 50 yards with iron sights. Since I'm not a terrific shot I felt that was great! Trigger on mine is not the best but fixing to get replaced. I'm thinking it has potential with the right ammo to be quite accurate. First 5 shots short stroked and didn't pick up round but after that it was perfect. Fired about 50 rounds in first outing, hoping to get out today and send some more down range. I'm thinking your gonna love yours!
By the way I just made sure the bore wasn't obstructed and started firing. Probably not the smartest thing but I wanted to see what the results would be from the factory. After about 20 rounds I noticed oil around the bolt area and broke the rifle down and Ruger had lubed the snot out of the bolt and carrier.
Was shooting 168 SMK loaded by a friend using Varget powder as I had heard the 762 likes heavier bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom