Private Kindergarten: legal gray area?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The real question is does the parking lot of a school administration facility qualify as a school in the eye's of the SDA? No students attend classes in this building.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find the notion that it is primarily a church which has a school as a secondary function to be pretty persuasive. Also, other private schools in the area have school zones defined on the streets that border them; this one doesn't.

That said, I think that any law that bars otherwise legal activity at "any public or private school" would eventually run into Free Exercise problems if it were pursued far enough. Same for the law barring permit holders from carrying outside the vehicle on any college campus, public or private. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that there are "real" private schools where the local board would at worst not mind and at best encourage responsible parents to carry concealed at school functions. i.e. why can/does the State regulate weapons carry at a school run by a church, but not at the church itself. Surely there's Sunday school going on there...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mons,

I tend to agree with you but I'd like to see the AG's office issue an opinion since it's a felony. But that's just me, YMMV.

But then again, I'd probably carry in the car. :anyone: I'm a hell of a lot of help ain't I?

Latest posts

Top Bottom