PSA Flags Half Mast Dec 7th.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm at Fort Bragg for a few weeks and the hotel I'm staying at had the flags all the way up this morning. I asked the lady at the desk what today's date was she looked at the computer and she said 12/7, so I was like does that not ring a bell? Uh no. Then I said, "A day that will live in infamy"? Dumb look. I said Dec 7th the anniversary of Pearl Harbor, the flags need to be lowered to half-mast. Oh, I'll tell the maintenance guy. When I got back this afternoon it was lowered.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
1670448919979.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The USS Oklahoma never sailed again but it anchor is here in OKC. Nice memorial to Pearl Harbor and the Oklahoma.

https://www.google.com/search?q=uss...or%20Memorial,trex_id:nceMed&lpg=cid:CgIgAQ==
The Oklahoma never sailed again under her own power, but she was raised and floated again. She was deemed to be beyond repair and was being towed back to the mainland for scrapping when she broke her tow line and sank. Somehow, sitting at the bottom of the Pacific seems like a more fitting end for the old girl than being cut up for scrap...

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Oklahoma never sailed again under her own power, but she was raised and floated again. She was deemed to be beyond repair and was being towed back to the mainland for scrapping when she broke her tow line and sank. Somehow, sitting at the bottom of the Pacific seems like a more fitting end for the old girl than being cut up for scrap...
Correct.

Latest posts

Top Bottom