pt-22 need repair idea help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecoffin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
guys i have a pt-22 that i just got few weeks ago. Took it out shooting for the 2nd time and had some troubles with it. First it started not loading from the clip. Cleaned the clips, fixed that problem. Then it started not wanting to fully eject the spent. So I figured the gun was just dirty, i did a quick wipe down and oil. Shot a few more rounds and now the slide got stuck, so I just put the gun up to look at when I got home.

So I get home and start the fun of cleaning the guns and I find on the 22 it has a lil plastic piece on the front inside of the slide. To me it looks to maybe be a slide stop pad or something. Its broke and half gone, should i send it to taurus or have a local shop look into it?

thecoffin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
here are some pics if you can make out the broken part in the front of the slide
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d195_coffin81_IMAG0316.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d195_coffin81_IMAG0317.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d195_coffin81_IMAG0318.jpg

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the gig.
Taurus will attempt to fix it, and they may very well. But I believe you pay shipping.
A couple rounds of shipping charges if they don't get it right the first time and all of the sudden you have an expensive gun.
For the most part I think they make a decent auto. So it might be worth it.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering the horrendous shipping charges if you ship it, suggest you go back to the FFL( if you bought it from a FFL) and persuade him to send it USPS for a fraction of the cost of a common carrier.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All you should have to do is send the part. You can send it threw your local post office for near to nothing. Like less than 5 bucks. They should fix it and send it back to you. I would call and get a return number from them.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
or just buy a walther p22 and call it a deal lol

or a ruger mk2 or 3 or 22/45. Much prefered over the walther..

but for a pocket gun, those little pop up barrel taurus' are pretty cool. Send it back. Call them and see what they require for you to do it..curious minds would like to know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom