puff the magic dragon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At the fancy cigar lounge downtown: Cohiba sits in his favorite white leather armchair; he loosens his ascot just slightly, then swirling his cognac in his snifter:

He begins the topic of the evening with-

"You know. I have alot in common with Jimmy. Yes, that guy who works at the Stripes down on the corner whom smokes a pack of marlboro reds a day"

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cjjtulsa: thanks to you, I had to ask a subordinate what a spliff was. He laughed and told me. Then he wanted me to ask you, if you knew what an "one eyed angry pirate was"?
We'll stop at this... Man, it sucks to get old and ask the younger ones what phrases mean. Going to get fired one day, because I don't know the new phrases or lingo and have to ask. While my subordinates laugh at me when they tell me phrases and I have to guess what they mean. Guess that's what google is for?!!

tntrex: No to the ascot and a he11 no to cognac. American whiskey or bourbon..oh yeah. Conversation lately at the cigar store consists of arguments between the conservative/miltary attornies arguing local and federal issues with the East coast Ivy league attornies. The things you learn, no-one wants to talk
many world interpretations, hypercube,dark energy, or no-hair theorem...poor boring Cohiba

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No sir, don't know what that is, but with my gutter mind, I'd say it's something anatomically related. I'm not really in the "younger" crowd, but sometimes would like to pretend. For the most part I'm perpetually 12 years old, but feel 90.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't get how MJ can be a schedule 1 drug and something as harsh, deadly and addictive as oxycodone can be a schedule 2 drug.....
Alcohol is much harsher on the body, more physically addictive, responsible for thousands of deaths in the U.S. every year, but we realized that complete prohibition of it doesn't work, so it's legal. Then they look at a weaker drug like MJ, can see it's properties are LESS harsh, LESS deadly, but we'll completely outlaw it because somehow prohibition of this WILL work. Frankly, this is my biggest problem with the conservative right. Most of the ones over 50 link marijuana hand in hand with the counter culture of the 60's and will never stop fighting a "moral" war against it, regardless of what arguments you lay in front of them. I think of them like those few Japs on some deserted island that still think the war is going on 20 years after it was over.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It isn't a miracle plant - potheads keep pushing that line. It does have potential commercial uses like many other plants but the "miracles" are always exaggerated because the real agenda is to make one more intoxicant legal. After years of hearing about the amazing properties loudly trumpeted only to hear them very quietly retracted or downplayed later I am quite jaded.

Why should a natural substance be illegal to cultivate, possess, use, or sell?

Or should we just outlaw breast-feeding, too?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's eventually going to happen (just like gay marriage). If you disagree just look at the acceptance rate for both issues among people under the age of 40. All we really need to do is wait for the current leaders to age out. It's really just a waiting game.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I just don't get how MJ can be a schedule 1 drug and something as harsh, deadly and addictive as oxycodone can be a schedule 2 drug.....
Alcohol is much harsher on the body, more physically addictive, responsible for thousands of deaths in the U.S. every year, but we realized that complete prohibition of it doesn't work, so it's legal. Then they look at a weaker drug like MJ, can see it's properties are LESS harsh, LESS deadly, but we'll completely outlaw it because somehow prohibition of this WILL work. Frankly, this is my biggest problem with the conservative right. Most of the ones over 50 link marijuana hand in hand with the counter culture of the 60's and will never stop fighting a "moral" war against it, regardless of what arguments you lay in front of them. I think of them like those few Japs on some deserted island that still think the war is going on 20 years after it was over.

I know a few of those type that would gladly try alcohol prohibition again. They refer to it at Devil Water and such. Can be entertaining.

Latest posts

Top Bottom