Puma Rossi .44 Mag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine too is an older model. It has the Puma Medalion, which I like, others have said they don't like it but I think it makes it stand apart. Does yours have the Puma Medalion?

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it has the medallion. But it doesn't have the safety on top like the new ones. That safety is annoying to me and not needed. Mine sits in the safe and I only carry it when hog hunting I would love to kill a coyote with it tho.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks amadera. I've checked out Steves guns and he doesn't sell the Big Loops as far as I can see. I'll keep my eyes peeled though. thanks again!

Yeah Mine too does not have the safety on top which I also thought was annoying.

Here's a question. I noticed that if you manualy pull the hammer back it clicks at a Quarter/Half-cock position....Is this a "safety" mechanism?

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always had lever actions do that, marlins, winchesters, henrys, and I think pistols dothat too. . I remember my dad telling me when I was little my Henry 22 did that so if you hit the hammer it wouldn't hit the primer and make the gun go off. I don't know I that's true and I've never tried it. I was 10 years old so it made sense.

TulsaDadof3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... if you hit the hammer it wouldn't hit the primer and make the gun go off.....

That's what I was thinking and I agree it makes sense. I had already planned on carrying it half-cocked like this when walking through the woods to my stand. Seems like a safe thing. I did notice that the trigger will not move when the hammer is in this position.