Pump-action .22LR: New mfg?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a Henry H001 pump for a few years, and but-for the sorry sorry finish, it was a great little gun. Short/handy, accurate, and fed shorts and longs. Fast as you can get, short of a semi.

Last time I look, Henry discontinued the H001 (normal model), and only made/makes the H003 (the octagonal bbl one). I may have the 1 and 3 switched. If they're still making the octagon bbl one, and you like that, you might look into it.

Anyhow, never know when Henry might resume making (or make a single big run of) the normal one. I frankly just hated that painted-on flaking finish, so I sold it.

"Problems" with the Taurus 62 is that it won't feed shorts and longs (usually/reliably), bbl is 'too long', and the sights are crappy. I had one, and sold it for those reasons. I had the pop-up tang peep sight on mine, which in theory is a lot better than the stock rear, but problem is that the tang sight interferes with your grip, as your right thumb has to go over it. Also, the tang sight was mostly plastic, which I really didn't care for.

The Rossi and Taurus are the same. There are a *few* Rossis/Tauri with the shorter bbl - if I can ever jump on one of those I will, and just scope it. Hard to come by now that they're discontinued.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a good pump, spend some time at gun shows and look for an old Remington or Winchester. If these guns, which came from the mid-1900's, were manufactured today in the U.S. to the same quality specs, they would have to sell for $5-600, maybe more.

You can find some good examples, although not necessarily cheap. They're worth buying if you intend to keep them for a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom