PVC Hand Pump For Well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hate to hear that. Now, I'm thinking some PVC with a cap, a bolt and some limber plastic or rubber with holes drilled into the cap to create a check valve could be a cheap alternative. Lighter and cheaper.
Problem solved.
That's what a guy on YouTube did. He took a cap, drilled a hole in the center for a fap and then several other holes to allow water flow. I'm going to try and post the 25 pages or so later and based on the photos, I think a guy could make his own PVC hand pump for substantially less than what some charge for the kit.https://youtu.be/DG6own141z0?si=H_3-ug7PvDYtdx5n. (Check valve but I'd just stainless for the pin)

Last edited:

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 1000 gallon storage tank, a 13500 generator and 60 gallons of fuel stored with sabelizer and rotate fuel through the year, also keep vehicles full. A little over Two hrs of run time fills the storage tank. Have 12 volt pump to pressure to house. 6 Solar panels and 4 110 amp batteries to keep freezers going. Solar lights for lighting as well as back up oil lamps. Wood fireplace with 7 cords of wood stored.

@Bravo1413
Do you mind sharing some pictures and details of how you have your solar panel system set up?
I've just started my own

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's what it looks like installed at my house. 69A10E59-C588-4CF8-82E2-A9097290E94B.jpegAE659E1B-0E3A-45DF-A106-5E2A891A1434.jpeg

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 things....funny but not... Had a new well being put in. Daughter had a cocker spaniel that was tennis ball obsessive. If you ignored the dog she would drop the ball in your way, in your bucket....whatever. Told the well installers if the dog shows up with a tennis ball....DO NOT PLAY, as she'll drop it down the white well casing thinking it's a bucket. Well/pump installed and they left. Turned the pump on to flush the well via an outdoor sprinkler after a short time.....the sprinkler shutdown.....clogged up,. Took it apart to discover tennis ball fibers clogging the screeen !!!

Using bleach in the well.......seems bleach kills goldfish in the outdoor koi pond
When I was around 8-9 years old, we had some turnips and I decided to drop them down the well to hear the plunk. Well, to make a long story short, my mother made me draw water out of that well until there qas no turnip residue with one of those long well buckets to the tune of probably 50 buckets full. I was always into something.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was around 8-9 years old, we had some turnips and I decided to drop them down the well to hear the plunk. Well, to make a long story short, my mother made me draw water out of that well until there qas no turnip residue with one of those long well buckets to the tune of probably 50 buckets full. I was always into something.
@Bravo1413
Do you mind sharing some pictures and details of how you have your solar panel system set up?
I've just started my own
I built a BBQ shack for my wife and put 6, 100 watt panels on top. The shack is attached to the side of my garage. I ran the wires through the wall to my controllers. 3 panels for each 30 amp. Controller. With inline 30 amp. Fuses. Installed a 4000 watt inverter and 4, 109 amp. Marine batteries in parallel. This runs my 2 freezers with no problem. When no sun is out I have to plug one freezer into a wall outlet. If I add a couple of more batteries, I’ll have no problem even with little sun. Actually when sun is out my controllers will go into float as the batteries are fully charged even with both freezers. Which means I have excess power available. Still working on a balance, it’s doing great and my electric bill has gone down. If I lose power for an extended time, my freezers will not spoil many $$$$ in meat.

Attachments

• IMG_3454.jpeg
    IMG_3454.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3455.jpeg
    IMG_3455.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3456.jpeg
    IMG_3456.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3457.jpeg
    IMG_3457.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built a BBQ shack for my wife and put 6, 100 watt panels on top. The shack is attached to the side of my garage. I ran the wires through the wall to my controllers. 3 panels for each 30 amp. Controller. With inline 30 amp. Fuses. Installed a 4000 watt inverter and 4, 109 amp. Marine batteries in parallel. This runs my 2 freezers with no problem. When no sun is out I have to plug one freezer into a wall outlet. If I add a couple of more batteries, I’ll have no problem even with little sun. Actually when sun is out my controllers will go into float as the batteries are fully charged even with both freezers. Which means I have excess power available. Still working on a balance, it’s doing great and my electric bill has gone down. If I lose power for an extended time, my freezers will not spoil many $$$$ in meat.
Awesome. Thanks. I am guessing your controllers are "regulators" ? What model are those?
Also, what model is your inverter?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what a guy on YouTube did. He took a cap, drilled a hole in the center for a fap and then several other holes to allow water flow. I'm going to try and post the 25 pages or so later and based on the photos, I think a guy could make his own PVC hand pump for substantially less than what some charge for the kit.https://youtu.be/DG6own141z0?si=H_3-ug7PvDYtdx5n. (Check valve but I'd just stainless for the pin)
Are there any links to the 25 pages so one can save it?

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice setup

Latest posts

Top Bottom