Purchased a new AC/DC Fridge/ Freezer…. Start of a product review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well with all the power outages I wanted an RV style frig to run off batteries as well as electric to use on the my INTex boat, travel, power outages, and extra storage. $233 with tax.

Test 1- electric

I received this on Friday. Read that you shouldn’t put glass in the fridge under 32 degrees so I cranked it down to 25 degrees on my bottled beer ran for a day (6 % alcohol). Result very cold maybe 35 degrees . No issues as expected-Pass

Test 2 - electric

Love the size hate the compressor takes up half the height of freezer section. Will fit 8 12 ounce bottles of beer for reference.

Took out the basket and cranked it down to -4 to see if the dual zone would allow me to use this as all freezer in a power outage.

9 AM - bag of ice and plastic cup of water in both sections.

10:15 - water very cold in freezer and to my surprise a thin layer of ice on cup in fridge section, must make a difference on placing objects directly on the floor no basket

Ice in both sections fine.

I’ll report back latter tonight.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NCZF438?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking of investing in a true RV fridge/freezer that runs off shore power, batteries, or propane as a backup, but they're not cheap! This looks like a viable option. Thanks for true life review.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have had propane fridges and freezers in the past. worked fine... even had a kerosene one once. i think rather than an ac dc with a compressor i would like an ac/propane one. that way i can run on 110 volt or switch over to propane in a long term outage. but really in a teofw scenario i would just can and root cellar the way we used to.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked into the propane option as well but I can buy 4 of these for the $1000 it cost to add propane.

Result 3 1/2 hours latter.

1. The smaller zone the water ice cold, ice is still frozen hard. This should be the freezer I’d assume.

It appears that maybe the higher you get in the unit the higher the temp

2. The really big compartment the water is frozen hard. So I put in an empty coffee container and placed another glass of water to see if it freezes. It’s setting about the height of the glass not frozen. I’ll let this go the rest of today or until everything is frozen. Quite the surprise but really the freezer is what I’m wanting the most.

The temperature range seems to let the unit vary about 10 degrees. Absolutely no mess and of course my ice maker woul be emptied on top.

The battery test is what I’m most inte rested in.

I will use my 109 amp/hour trolling motor battery and the a 100 amp/hour solar battery to confirm my findings and how long it will last static without my solar panel used for camping.
5C55DC4D-8080-404D-BEEB-7CA529D3FD3B.jpeg
DD14C98E-B0CF-44EC-821A-CA2A62E7C113.jpeg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My travel trailer fridge/freezer developed a leak. Propane was always better for keeping it cold. Last I checked it was $1200 to replace it. My old trailer was elec, propane and battery. Should have kept it except for the corner bed was a pain.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took about 5 hours but the room temperature water on the coffee can froze as well, so it’s hotter as you ascend to the top.

The smaller section water still ice cold but not frozen that was placed in the chest at 9 AM. Ice is still frozen.

Everything is solid no melt whatsoever. I’m not sure if will ever freeze since it sits right over the compressor. If it’s frozen going in look like it’ll stay that way throughout the chest.

Switched over to marine battery at 6 PM. It reads 12.1 volts and 80%. Battery is fully charged.

I downloaded the app to see it’s progress through the night.

App reads high….. says it will read medium below 11.1 volts and low at 8.5 volts.

I give it a 10 so far.
Screenshot_20230730_180355_CAR FRIDGE FREEZER.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom