Purchased a new AC/DC Fridge/ Freezer…. Start of a product review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
24 hour DC test off my trolling motor battery.

I like it so much I purchased another for my daughter for Christmas. They are always on the road in their business doing monthly rent on motels.

Ive noticed the voltage on the app and display are a rough estimate according to my fluke meter.

The glass of water in the small compartment has a thin layer of ice but not frozen, I supect sitting over the compressor and opening the ice chest is the culprit.

The large compartment is frozen solid, no melting or mess anywhere.
Long teram durability is the only question.

Im going to see how long this battery last to at least 10 volts but this for me is much better than a high dollar Yeli.

EC0B8B22-8B80-4533-A6FA-048498B03FCB.jpeg
35920099-0AF6-40E2-B684-CF901ED7B1B9.jpeg
35920099-0AF6-40E2-B684-CF901ED7B1B9.jpeg

Last edited:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My travel trailer fridge/freezer developed a leak. Propane was always better for keeping it cold. Last I checked it was $1200 to replace it. My old trailer was elec, propane and battery. Should have kept it except for the corner bed was a pain.
i don't think the propane/electric/dc fridges and freezers actually use propane as the refrigerant. i may be wrong but i think the propane/ac/dc is just the source of heat used to expand the refrigerant so that it goes through the expansion valve and cool the evaporator coil???? kinda like the old kerosene fridges???

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i don't think the propane/electric/dc fridges and freezers actually use propane as the refrigerant. i may be wrong but i think the propane/ac/dc is just the source of heat used to expand the refrigerant so that it goes through the expansion valve and cool the evaporator coil???? kinda like the old kerosene fridges???
They are ammonia systems. Or they were.

Latest posts

Top Bottom