Question about Aquila 38gr Subsonic ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score

SingleShot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Lurkininthewoods,

By now, you should have received your Aguilla ammo. What's your opinion? I've shot two different Aguilla loads (the 1200fps and the 1700fps) and was happy with them both. in fact, i bought their middle-of-the-road 1400fps bullets to try once i was satisfied with the other two. They have a different smell than Federal or Winchester ammo after being shot.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Lurkininthewoods,

By now, you should have received your Aguilla ammo. What's your opinion? I've shot two different Aguilla loads (the 1200fps and the 1700fps) and was happy with them both. in fact, i bought their middle-of-the-road 1400fps bullets to try once i was satisfied with the other two. They have a different smell than Federal or Winchester ammo after being shot.

I am waiting to hit the range Saturday. My 10/22 was delivered to BANG today, so hopefully I will get some range time with the ammo then...

I had read some reviews and the smell came up a few times. It seemed to review well, but I was looking for local shooter advice. Sounds like it should be GTG... I will report back on function in my 10/22, S&W 22A and Ruger 22/45...

Thanks for the replies....

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Hit the range today. Here's what I found....

Ruger 10/22 ---- Ran flawless and dang near as quite as a suppressed rifle.

Ruger 22/45 ---- Maybe cycled the next round five or six times in 6 mags worth of trying.

S&W 22A ---- Would not cycle the next round at all. Only tried 3 mags, but got tired of racking the slide after each shot.

The ammo was as accurate as any of the other bulk pack ammo I was shooting today. All in all, it seems like some decent ammo for the 10/22 platform and I assume it would cycle well in the S&W 15-22 as well. I will definitely be buying more for my 10/22 and future S&W 15-22..

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used Aguilla SE SV ammo in my bullseye pistols. I have never tried using the subsonic version. I would image that it will always go bang but function in a semi auto will depend a lot on the semi auto.

Latest posts

Top Bottom