Range Finders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a decent rangefinder mainly to be used for archery hunting. Anyone have any suggestions? Not wanting to spend a lot of $, but want something that is accurate up to 75 yards.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's your price range? Cabelas has a Nikon Prostaff 550 on sale for $199.99 plus $5 flat rate shipping going on right now. I'm sure you could find it even a little cheaper elsewhere. I have a Leupold RX-II that I bought a few years ago. It works fine for bowhunting and out to about 250 yards. I paid around $225 for it IIRC. There's a lot better on the market but I mostly use mine for bowhunting so I don't feel I need the real high dollar stuff. I'd go and check some out before you buy.

JDC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking to stay around $200 or less. I have been looking at the range finders from Wildgame Innovations, they seem to have good prices but the reviews I have read have been mixed. Some folks really like them, others complain about accuracy and overall quality / durability.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Bushnell Yardage Pro 400 that I bought on here, used, a couple years ago. I have used it for archery, rifle and work related issues. No issues and and very accurate. Easy to range small targets such as skinny trees, poles, street signs etc. You should be able to get into one of these for welll under $125. I paid $75 shipped for mine.

JDC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
After looking at several I finally picked up a Redfield Raider 550. For what I need I think it will work out great. I have played around with it and it is accurate for my measured distances up to 100 yards. Very compact and easy to use.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personal experience: bought Nikon, worked for a while and then started throwing random numbers, I sent it to Nikno and they hit me with a $190 bill on $200 rangefinder. I took that $190 and went to Academy and bought Bushnell - works flawless! Screw Nikon.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the leupolds are nice, the 750 and 1000 have tbr and can be switched from bow to gun mode.
for archery the nikon arhers choice max. archery hunting requires a finer measurement than gun hunting this unit has .1 yard increments

Designed with an easier-to-read LCD viewfinder
More accurate distance readings (.1 yard increments)
Greater range (5–200 yards)
Larger ocular
ID (Incline/Decline) Technology
Waterproof/fogproof (except battery chamber) multicoated optics with 6X magnification
Generous 18.3 mm eye relief
Silent technology neoprene case
Runs on a 3V CR2 llithium battery

I would stay away from the wildgame products they eat batteries and thier claim is that they have removed everything from the rangefinder that you dont need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom