Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new here, so I should keep my trap shut but coming from Washington I have some context that may be helpful. The reason Starbucks became the center of this controversy is because some dirtbag came into a coffee shop (not a Starbucks) and shot up a bunch of cops. The gun control library's descended and petitioned them to ban all firearms, which they did. Several other chains followed suit, but Starbucks rebuffed the pressure, saying that they would follow whatever the local law was. Gun control Nazis threatened a boycott and the 2a crowd, including the Open Carry guys made a point of patronizing Starbucks to counter any boycott.

Starbucks is not pro-gun. The are at best neutral. They prohibit their employees from carrying either at their stores or corporate facilities.

Starbucks is a liberal company and I would prefer to spend my money elsewhere. That being said, I like Starbucks coffee and am a regular customer. I've tried the others and they just don't do it for me.

I appreciate that they took a courageous stance to not be bullied by the gun control crowd, with whom I suspect they agree. Our parading around their places of business, not as customers but as political messengers is doing neither them nor our cause any good. They can just as easily decide that they don't want to be a forum for this nonsense and ban firearms. And that little victory will be thanks to obnoxious, "Look at me!" Open carriers.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm new here, so I should keep my trap shut but coming from Washington I have some context that may be helpful. The reason Starbucks became the center of this controversy is because some dirtbag came into a coffee shop (not a Starbucks) and shot up a bunch of cops. The gun control library's descended and petitioned them to ban all firearms, which they did. Several other chains followed suit, but Starbucks rebuffed the pressure, saying that they would follow whatever the local law was. Gun control Nazis threatened a boycott and the 2a crowd, including the Open Carry guys made a point of patronizing Starbucks to counter any boycott.

Starbucks is not pro-gun. The are at best neutral. They prohibit their employees from carrying either at their stores or corporate facilities.

Starbucks is a liberal company and I would prefer to spend my money elsewhere. That being said, I like Starbucks coffee and am a regular customer. I've tried the others and they just don't do it for me.

I appreciate that they took a courageous stance to not be bullied by the gun control crowd, with whom I suspect they agree. Our parading around their places of business, not as customers but as political messengers is doing neither them nor our cause any good. They can just as easily decide that they don't want to be a forum for this nonsense and ban firearms. And that little victory will be thanks to obnoxious, "Look at me!" Open carriers.

Thanks.

Negative dude, if you have something to contribute, bring it.
heck, even if you dont.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks.

Thanks. That's the bit I was missing. I now understand why it was specifically Starbucks. Thanks for the insight.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's common hearsay that revolver men are far more likely to open carry, the display of 6 plus inches of stainless steel and the heavy loads it shoots gives the owner stares and looks that a concealed carry person with their pityful 3 inches can only fantasize about.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's common hearsay that revolver men are far more likely to open carry, the display of 6 plus inches of stainless steel and the heavy loads it shoots gives the owner stares and looks that a concealed carry person with their pityful 3 inches can only fantasize about.

Just when you thought Freud was dead.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pritch, that's a fantastic piece of additional context to this discussion. Thank you very much for adding it.

I had honestly forgotten all about the murder of those four officers being in a coffee shop though I had followed the aftermath and discussion stemming from that incident on another board where several people from SPD are regular posters.

**Necro post**

If you push long enough you'll probably get a reaction. It may not be the one you want, however.

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gear...k-customers-not-to-bring-guns-in-stores/#more

Starbucks to ask customers not to bring guns in stores

Starbucks Corporation is about to become less friendly with its firearm carrying clientele. While they aren’t banning the carry of firearms in their stores, they are making it clear that customers with firearms, whether carried openly or concealed, are unwelcome.

According to an internal document dated 9/16/2013, Starbucks Coffee stores will “request that Starbucks customers not bring weapons into our stores.” The request will come in the form of an open letter from Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to national media outlets that will be shared Thursday, 9/19/2013.

The memo stresses this announcement doesn’t signal a company policy change. Starbucks’ corporate stance on firearms dates back to 2010 when they stated each store would respect the jurisdictional law that allowed the carry of firearms on their premises.

“Starbucks is not pro- or anti- gun,” the latest document reads, “We believe gun policy is a complicated, serious and emotionally-charged issue that should be addressed and enforced by government leaders and law enforcement rather than by Starbucks and our partners.”

The memo to all store staff explains that employees are not to put themselves in “the difficult position of enforcing this request; however, we are being clear that weapons are not welcome in our stores.”

Gun carriers should be prepared for stern looks and passive aggressive foam art from their barista.

Giggle all you want at the last line. I know I smiled even as a rolled my eyes. For whatever its worth to you things may not stop there.

Ek :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom