Re: Starbucks or "Slapping an Ally in the Face"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
x2, I'm a bit confused on your stance as well.

I've been driving all day and I'm finally stopped long enough to address this.

I have very few, if any, reservations about the carry of firearms be it open or concealed. I think there is a time and a place for everything. Open carry, to me, is a tool and nothing more. It is not a lifestyle, political statement, moral crusade or a way to "educate" the less enlightened. I myself have used that method and several occasions where it made great sense. Stand up for your rights but don't be a tool.

Whether you like it or not, Hoplophobes hold significant political sway. Don't go out of your way to unnecessarily instill fear or uneaseyness in folks. While it was before my time, the state of California did allow open carry in most if not all areas. During the 60s due to obnoxious people wishing to make political statements, namely the Black Panther party, openly carrying sidearms and long arms in and around public buildings and in public places laws were passed to curtail this. Was that a wrong course of action? Without a doubt. Was it unconstitutional? Most certainly! Is it the law then and currently that is enforced by the will of the government, i.e. the will to use force to make people go along with that law? Yes, it is.

As I said before, there are unintended consequences to many things in life.

Vamoose, I find it just easier in general to stay sober. You're mileage may vary. ;)

Oklaccer, Communication is indeed a wonderful and useful thing. Do you know if the phrase within quotation marks that immediately proceeded the words "open carry". Those words were not placed there in that fashion without specific reason. If some on is acting in that fashion I am damn well going to call them a retard. If they are not then carry on!

Are there any more feelings that have been hurt or sacred cows that need to be slaughtered? If not I have to go buy my buddies that just got back from the Afghan a beer.

Toodles!

Ek

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best thing about open carry is that it lets a little guy can carry a big gun that "prints'' a little. What is that? Is that a colostomy bag or an insulin pump? Most people don't even notice.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been driving all day and I'm finally stopped long enough to address this.

I have very few, if any, reservations about the carry of firearms be it open or concealed. I think there is a time and a place for everything. Open carry, to me, is a tool and nothing more. It is not a lifestyle, political statement, moral crusade or a way to "educate" the less enlightened. I myself have used that method and several occasions where it made great sense. Stand up for your rights but don't be a tool.

Whether you like it or not, Hoplophobes hold significant political sway. Don't go out of your way to unnecessarily instill fear or uneaseyness in folks. While it was before my time, the state of California did allow open carry in most if not all areas. During the 60s due to obnoxious people wishing to make political statements, namely the Black Panther party, openly carrying sidearms and long arms in and around public buildings and in public places laws were passed to curtail this. Was that a wrong course of action? Without a doubt. Was it unconstitutional? Most certainly! Is it the law then and currently that is enforced by the will of the government, i.e. the will to use force to make people go along with that law? Yes, it is.

As I said before, there are unintended consequences to many things in life.

Vamoose, I find it just easier in general to stay sober. You're mileage may vary. ;)

Oklaccer, Communication is indeed a wonderful and useful thing. Do you know if the phrase within quotation marks that immediately proceeded the words "open carry". Those words were not placed there in that fashion without specific reason. If some on is acting in that fashion I am damn well going to call them a retard. If they are not then carry on!

Are there any more feelings that have been hurt or sacred cows that need to be slaughtered? If not I have to go buy my buddies that just got back from the Afghan a beer.

Toodles!

Ek

Thanks for the clarification!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may want to actually read and attempt to understand the 2nd amendment and what it means before you go flinging poo around. Then again - attacking an entire group of people simply because they choose to exercise a natural right in a manner you cannot comprehend tends to strongly indicate that you are the retard.

How's the view up there, english, standing on the shoulders of those who actually exercise their rights?

I get so tired of hearing this retarded phrase. WTH does NATURAL RIGHT mean anyway? Maybe all the Open Carry jackwagons should respect the Natural Right of property owners to control what goes on or into their property, eh? I think property owners rights trump the rights of wannabe cop gunslingers everyday.

Open Carry where NATURE intended, out in NATURE where the wild animals roam. If you're so afraid of your shadow that you gotta Open Carry when you go to get your tripple mocha carmel latte then maybe you SHOULDN'T. All I've seen of 98.9% of the people open carrying is little men with a little pecker syndrome.

Just cause you openly strap on a big gun and flaunt it around doesn't mean you have the big cojones to go with it.

Oh? Did I torque someones noodle? As you already know I don't really care. America, ain't it grand???

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your coffee and I sincerely hope that your magic rabbits feet continue to ward away the evil spirits!

I do want to say that it would be wise not to confuse a company's desire not to get involved on a political issue as them supporting one side or another. They are abiding by the laws that exist in the locales of their businesses. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ek :D

This is why I find the "let's meet up at Starbucks and make sure people who don't want to see our guns see them in large numbers" idea so ironic when paired with the "Walmart sucks" opinion of many of the same people.

There are people who open carry responsibly, and then there are those who take on a holier-than-thou attitude and carry openly "because we need to educate the public that good guys carry guns".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad you got your coffee and I sincerely hope that your magic rabbits feet continue to ward away the evil spirits!

I do want to say that it would be wise not to confuse a company's desire not to get involved on a political issue as them supporting one side or another. They are abiding by the laws that exist in the locales of their businesses. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ek :D

First sensible thing I've seen from you on this thread. Since Hallmark is anti-gun, they don't produce a card for the occasion where a corporation has the good sense you described and the OC crowd has chosen a visual method to let SBUX know their civic wisdom is appreciated. No harm, no foul -- and if a hoplophobe has their sense of reality rearranged, that's all good, too.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is another word for someone who open carries.

Target.

This is an interesting assertion that gets thrown into the debate quite freuqently.... yet in the many years of debate on the subject and the many proponents of this theory and the many resources available for research and the large amounts of research on firearms and violence...

Never ever have I seen anything concrete to back it up.

It's a thoery, yes. Just not supported by the evidence.

Just like saying "more guns = more violence"... evidence seems to show the opposite. Pretty annoying, isn't it, when evidence not only fails to back up your pet theories, but actively discredits them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom