Really Mad Turkey Nads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slap on your Chap Stick, boys, it's almost time to eat! Anybody else follow the OK State Fair on Facebook?

In the last month, the following foods have been confirmed for the 2011 State Fair (with more to come, I'm sure):

Bacon brownies
Chocolate-dipped corndogs
Funnel cake on a stick (whoopty-doo)
Deep-fried, bacon-wrapped chicken on a stick
Deep-fried turkey testicles with hot sauce (which are called "Really Mad Turkey Nads")

I'm going to pass on the funnel cake since meh, it'll taste no different on a stick than it does on a plate. I'm really looking forward to the chocolate-dipped corn dog, but I won't pass up the other options.

In previous years I have tried the deep-fried sweets (deep-fried Snickers are actually pretty interesting) and last year I was able to add deep-fried coke, chocolate-covered bacon, and a doughnut burger to the list.

So, who's going to try what?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The doughnut burgers were disappointing as hell. I didn't eat one, but my mom got one. 2 stale doughnuts surrounding a prefab burger patty that has been soaking in a pan of "juice" for hours then thrown on a grill to reheat it for 30 seconds before consumption.

I passed...

Think I'ma make a State Fair thread... been pretty disappointed the last 2 times I went. :(

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was actually surprised by the burger. My doughnuts felt and tasted like semi-fresh Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. The contents of the burger, though, well it was the State Fair so I didn't expect much, but I really liked the package and will get another this year if they're available.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always get a Dans Indian taco, a London broil and Wisconsin cheese. I don't mess with all that fancy fried crap.
But, I haven't even been to the fair in a couple years, to me its a huge waste of money really.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried fried kool aid yet?

Nope, but I'm intrigued. This can be found where?

I always get a Dans Indian taco, a London broil and Wisconsin cheese. I don't mess with all that fancy fried crap.
But, I haven't even been to the fair in a couple years, to me its a huge waste of money really.

I had a buddy in high school who worked a Dan's Indian Taco stand for a couple of years. His advice was "never eat at Dan's Indian Taco stands", when asked why, his response was always "just trust me". Lucky for me, I skip over the Indian Tacos since I can't stand beans. Though I'm sure that advice could, would, and should apply to all of the food stands there.

Im 28, never been and have no plans on going.

You should really go at least once. It was way better when it went on over the span of 3 weekends, but even though some of the magic is gone, it's still an awesome event. The sights, the sounds and the smells all come together to form a trifecta of awesomeness. If you think PeopleofWalMart.com has some interesting characters, then you sir, have never been to the Oklahoma State Fair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom