Deep Fried Turkey Recommendations???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All,

It's slowly getting closer to Thanksgiving and you guessed it I need some OKC and a few(if possible) out of state places(Louisana/ S.E.Texas) that do deep fried or deep fried Cajun style turkey?

#1. You must have had/eaten a turkey from the place you recommend. My Cajun buddy passed away this year so I lost his recommendations in the Lake Charles/Beaumont area.

#2. If it's Cajun, not to spicy.....mother-in-law & wife don't like it to hot or spicy.

I'm going to call The Shack (not to far from my house) and see if they off turkey.

***Smoked turkey**** Same thing as above. I don't want to cook or smoke my own turkey and Luby's/Buy For Less/ Up Town Market/Whole Foods......well, I'd like to try something different this year.

Thanks!!!

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All,

It's slowly getting closer to Thanksgiving and you guessed it I need some OKC and a few(if possible) out of state places(Louisana/ S.E.Texas) that do deep fried or deep fried Cajun style turkey?

#1. You must have had/eaten a turkey from the place you recommend. My Cajun buddy passed away this year so I lost his recommendations in the Lake Charles/Beaumont area.

#2. If it's Cajun, not to spicy.....mother-in-law & wife don't like it to hot or spicy.

I'm going to call The Shack (not to far from my house) and see if they off turkey.

***Smoked turkey**** Same thing as above. I don't want to cook or smoke my own turkey and Luby's/Buy For Less/ Up Town Market/Whole Foods......well, I'd like to try something different this year.

Thanks!!!

If Mr. Spriggs BBQ is still in Midwest City, I've gotten great smoked turkey from them in the past.

Here in Tulsa, Hebert's Meats on 71st Street, between Lewis and Riverside, does plenty of Louisiana specialties, like turduckhen, but I didn't find any fried turkey on the website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom