Recent shooting of Cleveland County deputy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catswithguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to go out on a limb here, but does anyone but me find it curious that no one seems to ask who fired the fatal shot that killed the bystander in this recent shootout? I know law enforcement has a tough job, but do they have an obligation to use caution when discharging their weapons when non combatants are nearby? Some time ago there was a story about an individual in Edmond firing at officers. The bodycam showed an officer out of his patrol car firing three rapid rounds from his AR15. Are they aware of where those rounds will end up when they fail to hit their target? Maybe there is no good answer to these situations, but I hope that civilian worker killed in this recent shootout was not a victim of an inherent round fired by that deputy.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to go out on a limb here, but does anyone but me find it curious that no one seems to ask who fired the fatal shot that killed the bystander in this recent shootout? I know law enforcement has a tough job, but do they have an obligation to use caution when discharging their weapons when non combatants are nearby? Some time ago there was a story about an individual in Edmond firing at officers. The bodycam showed an officer out of his patrol car firing three rapid rounds from his AR15. Are they aware of where those rounds will end up when they fail to hit their target? Maybe there is no good answer to these situations, but I hope that civilian worker killed in this recent shootout was not a victim of an inherent round fired by that deputy.
I think something similar happened with the Shooting at that Choctaw game. Rumor got out that the LEO had struck bystanders with shots, and suddenly things got hush hush. Not the first time I have heard such a thing happening. Accidents happen, and with the bad PR LEOs get these days they can't afford to add to that fire, so lots of "no comment" and sweeping things under the rug seem to happen. I don't agree with it, but I understand why they do it.

How I see it is if the deputy killed the bystander, we'll never hear about it. If the suspect killed the bystander, it will be all over the news.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems shotguns could be of use these days. They travel less distance. But they probably have a million reason for not using them.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In a strictly legal/criminal sense it doesn't matter if the bullet came from the deputy's gun. It's felony murder and it's on Mr Dreadlocks.
Criminal yes, civil no. If the bullet came from the deputy’s gun, the taxpayers will have to pay. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom