Recommend a good 22LR Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a P22 that I've owned for the past 8 years now and after the first 300 to 400 round break in period, it's been perfect with Federal bulk ammo. I've got somewhere around 3,000+ rounds through it now and it's still going stong.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are cheap like me or have an urge to own a firearm with a "Ring of Fire" pedigree you should look at the Phoenix Arms HP22a. I bought mine a few weeks ago and have put over 900rds through it. For less than $220 out the door I got the "Deluxe Rangemaster" kit, which includes a 3" and 5" barrel, 2 magazines, cleaning kit, magazine lock, locking case, earplugs and a Phoenix Arms patch :-)

I enjoy it very much for plinking. It has been very reliable so far. Though I primarily purchased it so I could shoot cheap, it isn't working out as well I expected. I can't resist the urge to pull the trigger as fast as possible, the only thing slowing me down is the cloud of smoke. It has happily taken anything I fed it. At this point I prefer the Winchester Super X bulk, but Rem GB, Rem Target, Rem Subsonics, CCI Velocitors have all shot perfectly. The $30-$40 in .22lr I have put through beats the $200 I would have had to spend on 9mm for the same # of rounds.

CircuitRider

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just took my new Sig Saur Mosquito 22 LR out for the first time. Shot fifty rounds or so sighting it in and was very impressed with the handling and performance. Price was under $300. Nice size and weight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom