red dot dot size ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
For a pistol, it doesn't really matter unless you're shooting 50-100m all the time. Shooter's preference mainly...what do you like best.

I have used 2, 3, 3.5, 6, and 7 and some weirdos in between and none of it matters at all from zero to 50m, much less in the 5m-25m space. But that's just me.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really depends on the size of your target and distance, say your shooting rat you dont want the dot to cover the entire rat when your trying for a head shot a man size target the bigger dot is ok unless your trying to place your shot in a pacific location like a head shot between the eyes.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2-3 moa. The larger dot may be a bit faster up close , but they are more difficult for “precision“ shots at long distance. We all know what we can do at long distance, don’t we…. And of course we all know the offset between optic and poi in case of a close hostage style situation.

Find a good teacher, learn how to run the optics and you will be amazed with what you can do with a pistol that has an optic mounted on it.

regards,

AAONMS

JoeGloker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a 6 moa on a 43x and it’s awesome!! Your groups will really tighten up over standard Glock iron sights. 6moa is probably as good as your standard group out of your pistol anyway. That’s 6 inches at 100yds, 3 inches at 50yds, 1 1/2 inches at 25 yds, should be 1 inch at 50 ft. I can’t wait to try the compition model (Holosun 507 comp) .2MOA dot, an 8MOA circle, 20MOA circle, and 32MOA circle with multiple combination settings to suit individual shooter preference. 507Comp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom