Reduced Internet Price For Disabled Veterans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm putting this here and it will probably offend someone but here it is:

Biden-Harris Administration Launches $45 Billion “Internet for All” Initiative to Bring Affordable, Reliable High-Speed Internet to Everyone in America​

If one is a disabled veteran, I understand they will qualify. There are other people that qualify such as those on Medicaid, Housing Allowance etc if you'll read the article. Contact your internet provider, below is for Cox.

https://www.cox.com/residential/internet/low-cost-internet-plans.html?utm_id=lfo_sem_goog_rtg_nc_afford_acp_mesa_nonbr_exact_desktop_&sc_id=lfo_sem_goog_rtg_nc_afford_acp_mesa_nonbr_exact_desktop&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=19997886226&cq_con=146821912046&cq_term=affordability%20connectivity%20program&cq_med=&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_pos=&cq_plt=gp&&ca.cr=655483650197&ca.kw=affordability%20connectivit...

https://www.cox.com/residential/int...VSUZ_AB1wfAmQEAAYASAAEgK0KfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Checked on this a few days ago. FYI according to the FCC folks, receiving VA disability pay does not qualify for the program. Only those who receive veterans or survivors pensions, as they are considered low income programs.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Veterans pension is a program for those who did not retire from the military, but did honorably serve and are in dire financial need .
Disabled Veterans, service connected, living on a Native American Reservation, which all of Eastern Oklahoma is now are eligible no matter your income.
A friend that works for Chisom Broadband out of Enid told me I should apply, so I did. Took 20 seconds to get approved.
I told him nope, someone that really needs that service can have my place. There is a sunset clause or max number of participants for that service if I remember right. It was a couple months ago, and I blew it off.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My application was approved based on the receipt of VA benefits (monthly stipend) after I called them today. My bill went from $89.00 down to $30.00 per month. Speed dropped from 250 to 100 and I can live with that.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only those who receive veterans pension (I added)
That is a veteran's disability to my way of thinking and it is a pension. I sent a copy of mine for approval and it was accepted.
Please select one qualification criteria:

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
Federal Public Housing (including Section 8, Multi-family units, and Public Housing Authorities)
Pell Grant recipient for current academic year
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Veterans Pension & Survivors Benefits
Medicaid
Income less than 200% of poverty level

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It took less than one day for approval and a short phone call to change billing. I did check if I wasn’t happy with the change, I could always go back to my previous billing.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...it's not free...it's tax dollars your paying for it

just remember to vote Harris/ Biden.....that's the point her

They could give a shat about vets...nor anyone else...it's the dooo-gooder look and vote

Latest posts

Top Bottom