reloading 223

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some prvi partizan .224 fmj BT bullets. They do not have a cannelure will this be an issue for AR reloads? Next what is the minumum case length for the 223?

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I make 223 bullets from fired 22 rimfire cases. I do have a cannalure tool but I find that it decreases accuracy with those thin jackets. My work around started with a Lee factory crimp die.
It worked so well that I now use them for virtually all the calibers I load. They will press a grove into the bullet as it is crimped. Blitzfike

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How may i ask...i have heard of this before but never pursued it

I didn't want to hijack the thread, so I sent you a pm with a brief synopsis of the process.. Blitzfike

kgoodrich

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Um I must know as well on the 22 rimfire cases I as well have heard that you can do it but I must say the pandoras box is before me and i must know what is inside.. How??

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I make 223 bullets from fired 22 rimfire cases. I do have a cannalure tool but I find that it decreases accuracy with those thin jackets. My work around started with a Lee factory crimp die.
It worked so well that I now use them for virtually all the calibers I load. They will press a grove into the bullet as it is crimped. Blitzfike

Sorry for the hi-jack but gotta know this one as well. pm is great. thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom