reloading bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starpacker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess block(s) of wood may work. Thanks for the idea.

Hi,

Most dressers are laminated presswood, even all wood dressers are light weight enough that just mounting to the dresser top, you may break out the wood in a short time. Mount the press to a 2x12, then secure to dresser, will distribute the strain of working the press over more area and less on the dresser top.
Good Shooting,
B

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's easy to construct a portable bench ... then clamp that bench to a table top. you really need something sturdy as the base. being the correct height helps too.

when reloading ... making a mistake could be costly!
best is to construct a dedicated reloading table/area used for nothing else.

Phat Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's easy to construct a portable bench ... then clamp that bench to a table top. you really need something sturdy as the base. being the correct height helps too.

when reloading ... making a mistake could be costly!
best is to construct a dedicated reloading table/area used for nothing else.
1+ to that!!! just make yourself a bench just for loading!! it can be made from scrap wood that most people throw out!! check at some local building sites for scrap wood! you might just have to buy the top board. IMHO

BadgerLB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i made my own bench with 2x4s and scrap wood, now if i could get the wife to quit bringing my barstool back into the house :(

I had this problem too... I just made the one I use unsightly... I "accidentally" put her muffin pan full of hot lead on top of it and it mangled the finish... she doesn't use them anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom