Remington .22 Golden Bullet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o293_stingrayg4_Guns_Remington22.jpg

Normally I use Federals in the bulk packs in my .22s, but they were out so I bought these Remingtons this time. My brother-in-law came over today to do some target shooting and he had a box of the same Remington ammo. Between the two of us we went through about 500 rounds, and had probably 25 that failed to fire. We were using four different guns and had ammo that came from two different stores. FTF in all guns and out of both boxes. Probably the last 3000 rounds, maybe more, that I've shot have been Federals and I did not have even one that failed to fire. I won't be buying any more of these Remington .22s.

Just a heads-up for the .22 plinkers out there.

-S

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if you'd see this tR.
I avoid rem 22 bulkpack if at all possible.
I've had way to many quality issues with that stuff. YMMV

The only upside is it's cheap.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a ton of problems with Remington bulk in my REMINGTON 597. I can't stand it. If you buy Golden Bullets by the 100, I've had a lot better luck with it. However, Federal is super dependable and just as easily available around here, so I stick with it.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i will never buy them anymore, i had some on trade and i ended up selling 2 boxes for a loss, i use federals and some WIN and havnt had a problem one outs thousands of federals

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the golden bullet, the federal bulk packs are the worst ammo I've ever tried in my G23 AA conversion but you do get to practice on jams every mag.:scream:

Latest posts

Top Bottom