Remington Back In 1911 Business

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen worse rollmarks. Curious to see if it will be a good candidate for customizing. IE, what quality the metal is, and how true it is to specs. Thank goodness it doesn't have the front serrations. And the sights appear better than the tiny A1 sights.

Personally, the only things I see I'd want to change, would be a beavertail, larger thumb safety, and change the hammer.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The big "R" on the right side is the only thing I don't like about it.

I hope it's a good one, cause I may get one someday. I don't know from personal experience how Rugers auto's are but my Blackhawk is solid.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they should change the "R" to a "D" for disproportionate and dimwitted. Not aesthetically pleasing at all.

But, I can get past overdone stamping if it's a good-shooting weapon. I'll take a nice-shooting gun that hit every stick when it fell from the Ugly Tree every time as opposed to the super slick, nice-looking piece that is a real "piece".

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Any scuttlebutt about where it's being made or by whom?

Remington would have hit a home run if they'd just made a plain-jane clone of a WWII Remington-Rand and priced it the same as this R1.

Unfortunately, they didn't.

Remington-Rand was a typewriter company, not to be confused with Remington Firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom