Remington Model 11 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have asked about my model 11 on here before and I appreciate the information I have received. However, I have another one question.

On my model 11 the rear of the forend is supposed to be held in place to the receiver with a couple of pins or small dowels. Does anyone know what size or where to get them? The forend actually stays in place pretty well without them, but there is a slight wiggle there.

Thanks

oilman36

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 20 guage Model 11, so I checked the dowels. They appear to be 3/16" and they are flat on the 2 sides that would be vertical when holding the gun to shoot. The holes in the receiver appear to be round, so I don't see the reason for the flat sides. Hope this helps instead of confusing you .

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. My first thought was to try roll pins. However a 1/8 was too small and a 5/32 too big. I'll try the dowel pin and do a "make fit" with some sandpaper if I need to. I just thought perhaps they were available somewhere, but I can't seem to find any mention of them in the parts houses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom