Remington Model 11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking at buying a auto shotgun to use mainly for clays and dove. Have always liked the old guns and the Remington Model 11 has cought my eye for awhile. Any info on them would be great. Im looking for any gauge but would like a 20ga. Id like the older ones with the rounded but stock grip and suicide safety. Seems like the 12ga is most common. Also the grades varry but seems prices dont that much. Once again any more info would be great and please let me know if you have any leads where one might be for sale.

Thanks
Kris

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those in 20g. are few and far between. You will see a 16g. every now and again, but the 12g is, by far, the most available. These shotguns have been out of production for MANY years, so, be prepared for some repairs as most have been 'user' guns and have not had the care they should have. But, once in awhile, you'll find one in V.G. condition. I bought a 20g. about 15 years ago and had to make some parts as originals are not available and some Browning A-5 parts are not interchangable.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for Shortgrass. Twenty gage is hard to find and repairs are a problem. If you like that profile, lookfor a Browning A-5 in 20 gage.

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man I thought this would be a real busy thread. Figured there would be a few of you looking to get rid of one of these. So come on all you Model 11 owners lets hear some more about them and for you that do have them any one wanting to get rid of them? And yes I know they are kinda like a A-5 and a Browning may be better and easier to find a nice one but they are expensive and theres just something I like about a old gun. I think they quit making these in 1949 or so. Also I just like Remington. My Dad has a old Model 32 12ga. And I have a few rifles by remington. Really want a 20,16, and 12. Would like a fancy grade if I coud.

Thanks
Kris

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those in 20g. are few and far between. You will see a 16g. every now and again, but the 12g is, by far, the most available. These shotguns have been out of production for MANY years, so, be prepared for some repairs as most have been 'user' guns and have not had the care they should have. But, once in awhile, you'll find one in V.G. condition. I bought a 20g. about 15 years ago and had to make some parts as originals are not available and some Browning A-5 parts are not interchangable.

He's not paying you any attention!!

+1 for Shortgrass. Twenty gage is hard to find and repairs are a problem. If you like that profile, lookfor a Browning A-5 in 20 gage.

Nope he didn't hear you either!!

OK, Not trying to be an ass, but there are a few of us on here who've been around a bit, and have just a little knowledge on these things. So I'll repeat whats already been stated. If your needs drive you down this road, and you just can't live without that Remington 11, then good luck. I hope it never breaks cause Numrich only has so many parts(Most of which are Browning, thats right they don't fit), if any at all for a model 11. I do pray you never have a cracked stock, cause the Browning's and Winchester's don't fit, which means your going to be out a few hundred getting a new one built( Only once you find a stock maker nuts enough). Why am I going to all this trouble???????? Well today( I love Walther handguns) I was watching a bidding war on a very nice early war model PPK, and was soon awarded the chance to see a fool seperated from his money. Now if that pistol had the right markings and such, it may have been worth what it sold for, but it wasn't even police marked, just a plain old PPK for over 3K. Well anyway enjoy your search!!!!!!

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did hear what he was saying. I know they are not Browning. Parts are scarce. As I stated stopped making them in 1949. But im still looking for one. Not a fool to be parted with my money but want a fair gun for a fair price, although I do see what you are saying. Some people over value things because they "want". These guns are on the cheaper side of older guns. I know that. I have read a few gun value books and been looking around for years so Im pretty up to speed on them. Have seen them sell for $135 up to about $250. Some may want more but if they are not a select grade they wont get it. A prestine Military might bring $300-500 depending on crowd. What I want is some first hand replys. How they perform in the field. What to look for when buying one. What were changes in years of production. Not to be rude but the "Browning vs Remington" is not my interest as I like the Brownings too. Just right now Im looking/talking Remington. So if there is anyone wanting to share some of that info this is the place.

Thanks
Kris

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is another option you might consider, The Savage 720 was made off of the same patent and has the same look and feel as the A-5 and the 11.

One thing to look for in this style used is the recoil pad. The pad inside the frame that the reciever hits when it is cycling. This pad is riveted in on the back of the reciever frame and when it gets old it comes apart. If it is not there the fix is to drill out a hole into the back of the frame, otherwise it damages the firing pin.

I have worked on several of these guns and like the style myself

zeek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha, funny how everyone wants to tell you what they like. i have a rem 11 in 12g and really like it. i think it was made in the late 20s and has that funky cutts compensator on it,some hate it but i think its cool since thats what they were putting on them back then. plus i have the choke tubes to put in it. if you use the trigger lightly they also bump fire pretty fast from the shoulder. :gun1:

zeek

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did hear what he was saying. I know they are not Browning. Parts are scarce. As I stated stopped making them in 1949. But im still looking for one. Not a fool to be parted with my money but want a fair gun for a fair price, although I do see what you are saying. Some people over value things because they "want". These guns are on the cheaper side of older guns. I know that. I have read a few gun value books and been looking around for years so Im pretty up to speed on them. Have seen them sell for $135 up to about $250. Some may want more but if they are not a select grade they wont get it. A prestine Military might bring $300-500 depending on crowd. What I want is some first hand replys. How they perform in the field. What to look for when buying one. What were changes in years of production. Not to be rude but the "Browning vs Remington" is not my interest as I like the Brownings too. Just right now Im looking/talking Remington. So if there is anyone wanting to share some of that info this is the place.

Thanks
Kris

I don't know much about the Model 11 but there's a place here in town that had two of them in there today. I believe that one was a 20 guage. If you want more info P.M me and I'll get you their phone number and business name.

Latest posts

Top Bottom