Remove that $#@& ice off of your vehicle!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not getting in any vehicle and going anywhere until all this **** melts off ... :grumble: I was outside this morning bright and early (Thank you DPS for making my husband come in at 5 ****ing 30 in the morning ... :grumble: :grumble:) with a repurposed chicken perch knocking the icicles off the roofline of our house. Those things start falling off there and land pointy side down in the top of the mailman's (or elwoodtrix's :wink2:) skull and I'd never forgive myself ... :bah:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
State statute says you are responsible for damage caused by debris flying off of your vehicle. This includes snow and ice. So if it comes off and damages your vehicle get a tag number and file a police report. I rode the motorcycle today for a while the streets and highways are just fine.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Bettingpython!! I thought there was a state law concerning debris flying off a vehicle.

I have a buddy that owns about 10 tandem dump trucks and I know I've heard him talk about having new tarps on them to make sure rock, gravel, 3/8"-5/8" chip don't fly off of his trucks.

If I remember correctly, he has his drivers keep a little broom to sweep off the gravel and stuff off the edge of the bed and the back end of the trucks.

I know when I had cattle and drove down muddy/gravel roads...as soon as I could, I washed the trailers and swept the clumps of dried mud and gravel rock off so I wouldn't "knowingly" chip someones windshield. I made sure my mud flaps were good on my trailers and trucks also. Could my tires pick up a rock off the road...sure could. But anything I could do to minimize myself to damage someone's property I could and would...guess that's called common sense.

No "Waaa-ambulance" needed...just responsible people. When I had cattle(80 head) I made dang sure the fences were good so they wouldn't get out on Highway 18 or 177...just didn't want to get anyone killed...guess I'm responsible.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State statute says you are responsible for damage caused by debris flying off of your vehicle. This includes snow and ice. So if it comes off and damages your vehicle get a tag number and file a police report. I rode the motorcycle today for a while the streets and highways are just fine.

I'm curious; how could an affected driver prove the ice came off your car, unless he or she was filming the whole incident with the ice peeling off your vehicle and hitting their own?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious; how could an affected driver prove the ice came off your car, unless he or she was filming the whole incident with the ice peeling off your vehicle and hitting their own?

Dashcam FTMFW.

I am gonna get me one or two of these. Can be useful in all kinds of situations.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Veggie Meat, if you got a fresh coat of ice on your car on your trip to Weatherford, how many times did you stop on the side of the road to get that ice off your car??? Or were you just lazy or inconsiderate and leave it on the car until you arrived at your destination??

It was only in the recessed grill area. Zero risk of "flying off".

Latest posts

Top Bottom