Remove that $#@& ice off of your vehicle!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost my whole bed cover of ice fell off at once today... I tried to break it but couldn't (fiberglass cover) glad no one was behind me. And what people want me to climb on top of my 53 footer to get the ice off?

septic_shock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we are responsible for any debris that comes flying off our vehicles (as it should be), but I have always wondered about these gravel trucks with the signs on the back saying something like "stay back 200 ft...not responsible for broken windshields". Are these signs BS? Can I be a jerk and slap one on the back of my Honda Fit and cover my butt from responsibility? Just saying...

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we are responsible for any debris that comes flying off our vehicles (as it should be), but I have always wondered about these gravel trucks with the signs on the back saying something like "stay back 200 ft...not responsible for broken windshields". Are these signs BS? Can I be a jerk and slap one on the back of my Honda Fit and cover my butt from responsibility? Just saying...

Sure, just slap a sign on your car "not responsible for ice". :wink2:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You can try ... But if you are unlucky enough to have the wife of at least one local lawyer driving behind you and you ding her car up, that sign ain't gonna mean **** ... :wink2: (I saw this guy and his paralegal in action ... They were in the office next to me ... I wouldn't have wanted to be the CEO of THAT trucking company ... His wife "handled" it until the guy got really nasty with her ... After that, the attorney and his paralegal stepped in ... Oh. My. :shocked: It didn't go well for the CEO after that ... :nolike: :rollingla IIRC, he paid off pretty handsomely for what I thought was pretty insignificant damage ... Never be an ***hole ... You never know who's behind that little old lady you are being mean to ... :D )

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I try and remove what I can, but I'm not damaging my paint scraping ice off my truck or car. I consider it just another hazard. Kinda like when a neighbor's tree falls on my house, they're not responsible for the damage. I had ice coming off my route truck today on the highway. I tried to slow down when cars came up behind me, but you would be surprised at the level of stupid in some drivers. I slowed 10 miles under the limit and switched lanes for one car and the idiot switched lanes with me and slowed down as well. Did my part. I'm not risking my safety trying to climb on top of a route truck to break up ice. I guess ice could be considered an "act of God" just like wind damage.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I camp in the left lane, 2 mph over the speed limit, talking on my phone and leaving a comet-like trail of ice behind me....suck it.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what the law is in Oklahoma? Here in Alaska it is a ticketable offense to not remove the ice and snow from your vehicle. It's also a violation here in Anchorage to not clear the sidewalks in front of your house and you can't put that snow you shoveled outta the driveway into the street.

Alazkah is the ozzumest plaise efer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom