Republican Bill Mandating That Internet Companies Spy on Their Customers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like proxies are going to be required for everything now.

Will that do any good?

What good would a home proxy server do?

As for remote/anonymous proxies anything you send goes thru your ISP before it gets to them so again what good would a proxy do.

Seems to me the only answer is encryption but currently that would only work as far as I know between parties agreeing to encryption and all using the same methods.

Welcome to 1984 FOLKS!

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will that do any good?

What good would a home proxy server do?

As for remote/anonymous proxies anything you send goes thru your ISP before it gets to them so again what good would a proxy do.

Seems to me the only answer is encryption but currently that would only work as far as I know between parties agreeing to encryption and all using the same methods.

Welcome to 1984 FOLKS!

SSL encryption is pretty ubiquitous. You could tunnel to a more free portion of the internetwork.

Even domestically, a rise of Tor traffic would be a lot like the proposed response to the ammo microstamp bill: Meet up, dump all your microstamped 9mm in a pan, stir it up, put mixed stamp ammo back into your boxes.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it reprehensible that we actually have elected officials in this country who think this is ok. But considering their handling of the entire debt debacle, this shouldn't be surprising! :(

Their 'opinions' are bought and paid for. There's not a lot of thinking involved.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While Smith is an Republirat, he is the House member for much of Austin, TX, well known as a communist redoubt. Out of the 24 co-sponsors there are quite a few very liberal Demonists.

Alas, not a single Libertarian.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:cool: I practice it frequently.

Seriously, are you commenting about the specific bill or politics in general?

Mostly, the people who propose things of this ilk are either do-gooder simpletons who struggle with cause and effect analyses, or Ivy League elitists, like this guy, who think the people in the boonies are not erudite enough to manage our own affairs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom