Ridiculous wildcat or photoshop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going the 28nosler route now okie. It's a 7mm version that nosler introduced at shot this year. Good thing I decided to finish the surgeon build before the 26nosler. But I did buy some new brass. Good thing I can neck it up now. I just love 7mm's. Especially fast ones.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you are spot on. I found this from the original maker:

Apparently it was simply a creation by a gun shop owner to mess with unsuspecting customers, and he even announced at one point he was going to sell AR's in his new 5.7 Xpress cartridge. Haha.

Interesting because I worked in machine shops for 22 years before going to Power plants. The pic looked like a machined product, and not a swedged or necked down piece of brass.

Thanks for the head up! :D

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The eargensplitzen loudenboomer was an article written about 30 yes ago and published in, I believe, Guns and Ammo.
It was a .460 Weather by necked down to .17 or .14 cal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the .30 cal sabots to shoot in my 30-06. We got into a discussion about the Old factory loads that came out years ago from Remington. Okie4570 found a place that still builds them, and got a link.

I need to get them out of the cabinet and get some loaded. If they stay in the cabinet, I forget they are there along with a dozen or so other projects I need to get started on. LOL...

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the early '70s I built a 22 flea based on a Star model SI 32acp. I believe it was Dave Corbin who developed it. Was very finicky, never got it to function reliably, it would feed two or three rounds and then malfunction. It was a lot of fun to build. The Flea was a 32ACP necked down to .22. We used 40 grain 223 diameter bullets made for the 22 hornet. Best results were with Hercules Red Dot, but Bullseye went into the small neck easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom