RIP Neil Peart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He’s been battling brain cancer for the last 3 years. It finally got him. Glad they were inducted into the RR Hall of Fame in 2015 so that he could celebrate the accomplishment.
Should have been inducted alot sooner than that but I'm bias. Ive herd of early Rush fans called nerd rockers because Rush was so out there and did not form to the norm. That's why i was a fan they didn't give a rat's what the media thought they did their own thing. Can you think of a rush love song. Maybe Red Barcheda

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree Red Barcheda would be the closest to a love song that I remember.They had good stories in a lot of their music.Trees was one of my favorites.They passed a noble law.Now the trees are all kept equal by hatchet,axe and saw.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trees is a great tune read between the lines . I think I'm going bald is one they wrote about Neil loosing his hair it's obscure and not many know it

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He told a story when he was in OKC of driving across i40 down town and having to avoid junk bouncing out of a trailer and having to avoid it. Go figure Oklahoma and a trailer story. He rode all over north and south America when his first wife and daughter were killed.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Farewell To Kings was an album I wore the hell out several times over. Such a unique and BIG sound they had.
Next one fore the turn table just about to finish up exit stage left their best live album bar none. I'll be up all night raising my glass stereo on 11 F the neighbours. The soon to be ex is coming over in the morning with her sister to split up our **** I'll be bnb in a fun mood

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fairwell to kings on the table now. I'll be up all night in my own wake probably be well into a hangover by sunrise wish the stereo would go past 11

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moving on to fly by night the album and song Neil wrote when he was 18-19 and left Canada for Europe and a new outlook on life.

I used this song album as my Outlook life path after my divorce in 88 and went to the middle East to work. Yes I am a RUSH head buff etc. If im over the top ignore me but this is one of my passions grew up with them there only 8-10 years older than I am and when they are in your high school gym playing and 40 years later you see them in Tulsa OK holy crap in between you've followed everything they have done. Still can't believe he's gone

Latest posts

Top Bottom