RL26

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$483 with tax and hazmat and NOT available so 500 to me does not seem that far out of line if you need it.
But as we know No BSing in the classifieds.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've watched Hodgdon mark their stuff up over $100 in the last two years, and then fluctuate before coming back down considerably on the powders that don't have a high demand. Unless you just have to have the temp stability of H4350, I'm not sure why guys don't use H100V more (plus you get more velocity)...H335 instead of 8208-XBR...etc...etc...

It's why I started buying VihtaVouri powders in kegs. I can still get the N100 series for $280/8lbs. That was high 3-5 years ago...but it looks great now, and amazingly hasn't increased (at least that is what I paid for N133, N135, N150, and N160).

Alliant got proud of their stuff, so they can sit on it IMO. I did score an 8lb of Reloder 16 for $280 (plus $60 S&H) off of Gunbroker because nobody bid on it earlier this year.

Reloader 26 is unobtanium, especially with the velocities of 6.5CM shooters, and their ability to make power in disciplines like NRL Hunter with it. $500 and dudes will still open their wallets...but these are the guys who happily pay $130+ for 1K primers too because they got caught with the crunch a couple years ago. Supply and price elasticity of demand.

As long as dudes are willing to pay it, I'm not going to pass judgment on the dudes willing to sell it for that much. I just won't play in their games, and had stockpiled accordingly over the last decade to make sure that I was good for another two.

I'll still jump on what I consider a reasonably priced component though faster than a fat kid on an ice cream cone as we will never fully recover to 2019 prices with inflation.

To each their own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom