RNT Duck Call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many of you know, I've got a baby on the way in May, so I decided to get rid of some of my extra hunting gear to raise some funds. I put my old style RNT Daisy Cutter up for auction on Ebay hoping to get 80-100 bucks for it. The auction has been up less than two days, and it's already bid up to over $250! :woohoo1: I can't believe it. I've been carrying this call as a backup for years and very rarely used it. I hope it goes to a good home. Needless to say, this is great news for me and my wife! Now if she can just keep me from spending the money on guns and ammo :rubhands:

Per the rules I don't think I'm allowed to put up a link to the auction or I would.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Acrylic calls are supposedly a lot better than wood or poly calls. According to the experts they are louder and not susceptible to changing tones due to changes in the weather. Having never owned one, I can't say whether that is true or not. I am usually in sloughs or timber where louder isn't always better, and I'm not reaching out two miles to pull in birds. I'm sure they have their place, but it isn't on my lanyard. Mainly cause I'm just an ol poor boy and can't afford one, otherwise, I'd add one to the arsenal. My favorite is a $20 poly called the Bill Collector. It seems to do the job. I like wood calls, but they do seem to lock up more and perform quite differently depending on the moisture.

I'd love to help you out and jack up the price on your auction Porter, but I'm afraid I might win! hahah

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw your other post on the duck forum and saw the picture from the auction. Looks like yours had a lot more designs on it, looked a little fancier than the new ones that I looked up online. Good luck!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Acrylic calls are supposedly a lot better than wood or poly calls. According to the experts they are louder and not susceptible to changing tones due to changes in the weather. Having never owned one, I can't say whether that is true or not. I am usually in sloughs or timber where louder isn't always better, and I'm not reaching out two miles to pull in birds. I'm sure they have their place, but it isn't on my lanyard. Mainly cause I'm just an ol poor boy and can't afford one, otherwise, I'd add one to the arsenal. My favorite is a $20 poly called the Bill Collector. It seems to do the job. I like wood calls, but they do seem to lock up more and perform quite differently depending on the moisture.

I'd love to help you out and jack up the price on your auction Porter, but I'm afraid I might win! hahah

I have a few acrylic calls and they do hold up a lot better and the sound is super clean, as for the price its one of those what u pay is what u get. But I called in a lot of birds with some cheeps calls when i first started so u never know. I like having them but wont pay $150 for a call I just look for deals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom